Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 629

Thread: England

  1. #16
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,296
    It might have been two years ago, when he actually said it

    Common knowledge now.

  2. #17
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    WHy did he choose Beckham? He was fucking quality. Just because he married a spice girl, it seems his brilliant footballing ability seems to be overlooked.
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  3. #18
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by silky_soccer View Post
    WHy did he choose Beckham?
    Because Beckham was the perfect man for the words he used: overhyped, overrated, and overpaid.

  4. #19
    Legion of Doooom
    La Furia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    In Exile
    Posts
    5,234
    Jesus Navas can dribble though.

  5. #20
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    590
    Jesus won a World Cup. What did Beckham win?

  6. #21
    Junior Member
    Blaugrana dude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    Jesus won a World Cup. What did Beckham win?
    Beckham won the Premier League, which is the best league in the world

  7. #22
    Senior Member
    Meitux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    In The Stars
    Posts
    4,094
    Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    Because Beckham was the perfect man for the words he used: overhyped, overrated, and overpaid.
    exactly and with that he means there was never a golden generation for england

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Jenks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,296
    He's just wrong though, isn't he? They obviously weren't anywhere near the level of Spain's golden generation, but Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Seaman etc. in their prime were a golden generation for England. He seems to be applying the tag to the players in 2010 though, for some strange reason.

  9. #24
    Fireman Sam
    silky_soccer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    1,070
    Quote Originally Posted by PearLBLacK View Post
    Because Beckham was the perfect man for the words he used: overhyped, overrated, and overpaid.
    Overpaid, yes. But the way beckham played for united, certainly does not make him 'primadona' or whatever he called him. He was an incredibly hardworking, proffesional and technically gifted. Fairly limited, but still, he would guarentee you 15 or 20 assists a season almost.

    And Beckham always gave everything for england, doesnt make sense.
    "Paul Scholes - The Boy With Red Hair and a Red Shirt" -

  10. #25
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,498
    I see no one answered my point.......because, well, they can't.

  11. #26
    Scandinavian 101
    Deco 20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenks View Post
    He's just wrong though, isn't he? They obviously weren't anywhere near the level of Spain's golden generation, but Scholes, Lampard, Gerrard, Beckham, Owen, Cole, Ferdinand, Terry, Seaman etc. in their prime were a golden generation for England. He seems to be applying the tag to the players in 2010 though, for some strange reason.
    None of them, except maybe Scholes, has that little extra though. From what I've heard, Gascoigne did, but he was from a different generation.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    I see no one answered my point.......because, well, they can't.
    I'll give you Lampard and, during a couple of superb years, Gerrard. Possibly Terry, Ferdinand and Cole too.

  12. #27
    Banned

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by AnfieldEd View Post
    I see no one answered my point.......because, well, they can't.
    What was your point? I can't understand is it a rhetoric or an argument.

  13. #28
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,498
    My point is that those players over the past 10 seasons have performed at the highest level - the CL with their clubs. They produce it for the clubs in the CL on a consistent basis over the past 10 seasons.

    The players - well that group of players - were not the problem. The system was the problem and it still is.

  14. #29
    Hi, its me..
    impeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,194
    Former England captain John Terry has announced his retirement from international football after playing 78 times over nine years for his country.

    Terry, 31, says the decision is in response to the Football Association's disciplinary charge over alleged comments to Anton Ferdinand.

    The Chelsea defender was cleared at Westminster Magistrates' Court in July of racially abusing Ferdinand.

    He said his FA personal hearing on Monday makes his position "untenable".

    "I feel the FA, in pursuing charges against me where I have already been cleared in a court of law, have made my position with the national team untenable," he said.

  15. #30
    I am Leg End
    AnfieldEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Parts Unkown
    Posts
    6,498
    What a shame.........for chelsea. He has more time to be fit for chelsea games now!!