England

0n0mat0p0eia

What's with the mods randomly deleting a load of posts?

o_O

Ive noticed that as well. Ive had some deleted for calling someone an idiot...I mean, perhaps i shouldnt, but 'idiot' isnt the worst you could say about anyone.

They seem to want to sanitise this board so much. We dont want 'f-ing and c-ing' here there and everywhere, but sometimes discussions/mild arguments require stronger language.

What IS annoying, is that they dont even tell you its been done, nor do they give a reason for it. I know, its probably sometimes against the rules, but at other times its objectively down to the mods own ideals - which need explaining.

If ppl dont know why a post has been deleted, how can they moderate their language/behaviour on the site. That how ppl get banned IMO

PearLBLacK

Banned
The forum is a privilege, not an entitlement. You're always welcome to go anywhere else if you don't appreciate what Bojan and the mods are doing.

XaviMessiGirl

I'm going to say this once & then I want the discussion in this thread to be over.

Mods volunteer their time, we don't get paid for this & in Bojan's case he pays money out of his own pocket to run the site. We also have lives outside the forum so we don't always have the time to write personal messages to people every time we delete a post. Especially if it's obvious why a post was deleted. Also, sometimes things happen like there is one post in a conversation which is against the rules, so the entire conversation is deleted... you weren't necessarily the person who broke a rule. I can't see the posts which were deleted from this particular thread so I can't tell you anything else there.

Also, if you think it's ok to call someone any kind of name (even just "idiot") & not face any consequences, then you are free to go find another forum that allows such things - & most times, forums that allow that type of behavior end up welcoming other, more inappropriate behavior as well. There are plenty of ways to show you disagree with someone's posts without resorting to making it personal. I have never once personally insulted anyone here, even before I was a mod (even though many many times I have thought it in my head). But I have disagreed with people plenty of times & let them know, but by stating my own argument, not belittling theirs.

That's all, please don't derail this topic by pressing further on the issue, if you really need something clarified feel free to PM me. Thanks.

0n0mat0p0eia

...England are really strong at this level at the moment. The team haven't conceded a goal since 2011, and haven't been playing defensively either. With Will Hughes, Will Keane, Alex Pritchard missing etc., I think in Europe there's probably only Spain that are better right now. Famous last words of course... :lol:

I agree totally, Jenks; but we just know that between this level and the full NT, a lot of these players will have to compete at clubs who will bring in players from abraod rather than use some talented youngsters.

This ensures that the strides made at u-21 level are not carried on into the NT, IMO

0n0mat0p0eia

Read post #173 above, Gannicus.

I had a complaint, but ive been on boards before that were brutal: swearing, mega-sarcasm, effing and jeffing everywhere, even telling ppl what part of the ground to meet for fisticuffs...we dont want that here.

XaviMessiGirls tells it like it is.

Anyhoo, lets all talk about England like the topic should be, and all enjoy our time here.

impeh

Hi, its me..
John Terry is ready to end his self-imposed retirement from the England set-up and he is targeting a swansong at the World Cup finals in Brazil.

Jenks

U21 Squad:

Jack Butland (Stoke City)
Declan Rudd (Norwich City)
Jason Steele (Middlesbrough)

Steven Caulker (Tottenham Hotspur)
Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton)
Craig Dawson (West Bromwich Albion)
Tom Lees (Leeds United)
Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur)
Luke Shaw (Southampton)
Adam Smith (Tottenham Hotspur)

Andre Wisdom (Liverpool)
Nat Chalobah (Watford - loan from Chelsea)
Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
Tom Ince (Blackpool)
Henri Lansbury (Nottingham Forest)
Jason Lowe (Blackburn Rovers)
Josh McEachran (Chelsea)
Callum McManaman (Wigan Athletic)
Jonjo Shelvey (Liverpool)
Andros Townsend (Queens Park Rangers - loan from Tottenham Hotspur)

Marvin Sordell (Bolton Wanderers)
Connor Wickham (Sunderland)
Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace - on loan from Manchester United)

Nice to see McManaman has earned a call-up. Shame that Sterling is injured and a surprised that Tom Carroll didn't make the squad.

Jenks

Not a bad provisional U20 squad. Disappointed not to see Morrison or Hughes but I'm not sure if the latter is fit or the former is well-liked around the set-up. Good to see Barkley, Pritchard, Bamford etc. in there though.

Jamal Blackman (Chelsea)
Sam Johnstone (Manchester United)
George Long (Sheffield United)
Connor Ripley (Middlesbrough)

Jake Bidwell (Everton)
Sam Byram (Leeds United)
Donervorn Daniels (West Bromwich Albion)
Eric Dier (Sporting Lisbon)
Jon Flanagan (Liverpool)
Luke Garbutt (Everton)
Michael Keane (Manchester United)
Jamaal Lascelles (Nottingham Forest)
Liam Moore (Leicester City)
Daniel Potts (West Ham United)
Adam Reach (Middlesbrough)
Jack Robinson (Liverpool)
John Stones (Everton)
Tom Thorpe (Manchester United)

Ross Barkley (Everton)
Gael Bigirimana (Newcastle United)
Jake Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Conor Coady (Liverpool)
Larnell Cole (Manchester United)
John Lundstram (Everton)
Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur)
James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)

Patrick Bamford (Chelsea)
Saido Berahino (West Bromwich Albion)
Adam Campbell (Newcastle United)
Max Clayton (Crewe Alexandra)
Rob Hall (West Ham United)
Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur)
Chris Long (Everton)
Nathan Redmond (Birmingham City)
Luke Williams (Middlesbrough)

Jenks

Oh and the senior squad, which is surprisingly small, unsurprisingly uninspired, and light on midfielders...

Ben Foster (West Bromwich Albion)
Joe Hart (Manchester City)
Alex McCarthy (Reading)

Leighton Baines (Everton)
Gary Cahill (Chelsea)
Ashley Cole (Chelsea)
Phil Jagielka (Everton)
Glen Johnson (Liverpool)
Phil Jones (Manchester United)
Joleon Lescott (Manchester City)
Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Michael Carrick (Manchester United)
Tom Cleverley (Manchester United)
Frank Lampard (Chelsea)
James Milner (Manchester City)
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal)
Theo Walcott (Arsenal)

Andy Carroll (West Ham United - loan from Liverpool)
Jermain Defoe (Tottenham Hotspur)
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Daniel Sturridge (Liverpool)
Danny Welbeck (Manchester United)

Jenks

People are complaining that it's too German :facepalm:

I'm more interested in the away one to be honest. I've missed the red kits, always wished they were our home ones.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans