England

impeh

Hi, its me..
Michael Owen has announced that he will be retiring from football at the end of the season.

The former Liverpool, Real Madrid, Manchester United and England striker, who also played for Newcastle United and currently plays for Stoke City, released a statement on his website, announcing the decision, saying that he feels "now it is the right time to bring the curtain down on my career."

probably should have retired a few years ago, but we could use someone like him in his prime.

G

Gannicus

Rio looks a bit of a tit now. Been whining about no call up for about two years, Hodgson calls his bluff, and he fucks off back to United with his tail between his legs...

only one who looks a tit is hodgson going back on what he said a few months ago and getting turned down.

Jenks

only one who looks a tit is hodgson going back on what he said a few months ago and getting turned down.

What he said was that he doubts Rio will play for England again. At the time, Rio was out all the time with injuries and average when he managed to play at all. It's only recently that he's been seeing a consistent run of games, and at a good level too.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Cahill has been playing rubbish for quite some time.

As ive said before, you hate ManU - we get it; dont let it cloud your football judgement!

Cahill has not been rubbish at all and Dawson is currently playing really well at the back for spurs. So I feel they deserve to start over Rio anyway.

Catalan Fan

I just don't understand why Hodgson didn't ring him first, before announcing the squad ? Either way Ferdinand is too old at 34, just don't consider him again, total fuck up.

Re Owen; He was like a mini Messi in his day, fast and clinical in front of goal.I'll never forget his goal v Argentina or the hat trick against Germany.Deserved more apps and goals for England. I always thought he would break Sir Bobbys 49 goal mark, before injuries took there toll.

Andrew M

I just don't understand why Hodgson didn't ring him first, before announcing the squad ? Either way Ferdinand is too old at 34, just don't consider him again, total fuck up.

Re Owen; He was like a mini Messi in his day, fast and clinical in front of goal.I'll never forget his goal v Argentina or the hat trick against Germany.Deserved more apps and goals for England. I always thought he would break Sir Bobbys 49 goal mark, before injuries took there toll.

For realz?

G

Gannicus

watched the 2nd half thought sterling, shelvey and henderson were good and zaha showed a few moments of brilliance.

Jenks

I don't think so, he just hasn't made the grade yet, mostly been playing with United's U21's. I think it's because Ferguson seems to want to play him in central midfield, which he isn't really suited to in my opinion. He has the qualities to be a front man or number 10 I think, but those aren't really positions with many spaces up for grabs at United right now.

G

Gannicus

ive just done a search, he's been injured for 3 months, just started playing for the utd's reserve teams again and made the bench in utd's last game, probably will get some game time when they wrap up the league.

not seen enough to make a judgement, but remember watching the playoff final for crewe & against galatasaray.... looks like an attacking midfielder to me, similar to lampard, he seems comfortable on the ball &those types of players you need around the centre of the pitch rather than further forward where u arn't involved in play as much..but as said not seen enough of him to make judgement.

Home of Barca Fans