Argentina

BBZ8800

Point about media talk regarding 'European dominance': France looks like best team because of African born players. Future of football may belong to faster and more athletic players, like in basketball.

Maybe something to think about when planning Barça's recruitment of new players: can small and quick technical players still be competitive 5-10 years from now?

Of course.

Small, slower, physically weaker players could have dominated while they had way superior technique.
So, if their names were Xavi and Iniesta.

For physically weaker players who's technique is not THAT much better than of taller, faster, strong, guys with more stamina=they will lose longterm.

This is just my estimation, but in numbers, a football 10-20 years ago looked like this:
Barca:
Technique 10/10
Physique 5/10

Other random top teams:
Technique 8/10
Physique 7/8

But today, other teams raised the bar to something like:
Technique 9/10
Physique 9/10

And our technique 10/10, physique 5/10 just isn't good anymore (in a CL), especially since we don't even have technique 10/10 anymore due to no one being even close to Xavi and Iniesta.

Again, that doesn't mean that we should look for tall, strong, fast guy with zero technique.
But quite likely, in 5-10 years, all teams (including Barca) will look closer to France's/Belgium's physique&technique than to current Barca's/Spain's physique.

All teams will have technique 9/10 and physique 8-9-10/10.
Players with a physique or Denis, Halilovic, Puig won't be able to come even close to top teams in the future.

If you don't believe, let's wait and see...

You will need to be either:
tall, strong and technical
Or shorter, technical, but fast as a lightning, mobile, with awesome stamina.

If you will be a technical guy with average pace, strength, stamina, top football won't be a place for you anymore.

Last edited:

Ascom

Pablo Aimar will manage Argentina in the next upcoming games. AFA said it was a temporary solution that will give them time to find a new manager.

I wonder if Aimar suceeds and Argentina plays really well i don't think they will fire him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Pablo Aimar will manage Argentina in the next upcoming games. AFA said it was a temporary solution that will give them time to find a new manager.

I wonder if Aimar suceeds and Argentina plays really well i don't think they will fire him.

Aimar will become their Youth Team Manager anyway I believe. So he has a job whatever happens.

Ascom

Yes, i actually think he is already their U-17 manager. But if he does well in the upcoming games, i doubt they will fire him as their squad manager.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Tbf to him Argentina played well under him. Dominated opponents and not everything seemed to be dependent on Messi. They lost two finals, but at least they got there under him lol.

And now he has a complete new batch of players and a new start. Some managers are suited for International Football and Tata might well be one of them.

soul24rage

I think Tata's team would have done better than Sampaoli's team in the world cup. AFA had to screw everything up making Tata leave his post.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Argentina under Tata Martino played the best football since like forever. Even better than Sabella. He only screwed up in the finals. I am okay with him returning to the NT.

Home of Barca Fans