Argentina

ronniecro

Lo Celso deserves to start in the WC.

Romero

Mercado Otamendi Fazio Tagliaffico

Lo Celso Biglia?

Messi Lanzini/Dybala/Banega Di Maria

Aguero

Not far from the reality. I would take Icardi instead of Higuain. A true 9.

that squad looks so underwhelming

Hardy

DdK4BCSW0AEQxOg.jpg

Much2soon

Rumours are Icardi isn’t going to make the squad. :(

Aguero who hasn’t played in 2 months and is probably still injured is going to make it. It’s not even worth mentioning Higuain.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Argentina will be lucky if they get to the SF.

They would, but the flipside is that if they actually somehow beat Spain to get to the SF's then I'm pretty confident that they have a good shot against any other team they'd face after that. Brazil would be a really tough battle though.

It all starts with Sampaoli. If he's not making any adjustments to the lineups AND tactics from those utterly embarrassing WC qualifier matches and friendlies, they stand 0 chance.

jamrock

Argentina & Messi's chance came the last WC & two Copa finals you can't ask for any more than that as a team or player and they missed out, now they have zero chance to win anything again with this group of players

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I really believe in my core that this team is due some good luck this time. If they somehow manage to get to the SF with their key players healthy and inform, anything is possible.

It would be foolish to not take both Icardi and Dybala with them.

Chainsaw

Killahead
That advert from Quillmes with Ruggeri on the pitch for the World Cup is fucking excellent.

Cant find where seen it now though!

[tw]<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latest Quilmes commercial for the World Cup. They've done some great ones in the past but this one, this one... Speechless. Actually got emotional watching this. Se me llenan los ojos de lagrimas.<a href="https://t.co/pHjlRxeOHJ">pic.twitter.com/pHjlRxeOHJ</a></p>— Roy Nemer (@RoyNemer) <a href="https://twitter.com/RoyNemer/status/997640308199391232?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 19, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>[/tw]

“Between the players and the fans, we have an old contract that states:

“We give our lives and they support us without stopping. But when there are doubts, you have to talk about it.”

Oscar RUGGERI: “What’s going on?”

Fan: “At times it looks as if they don’t want to come here!”

Fan: “They score 30 goals with their teams but here, nothing!”

Oscar RUGGERI: “Let’s go, what more?”

Fan: “I went in my Coupe Fuego (Renault car) to Rio to support them and it took four days…”

Oscar RUGGERI: “Well, you went because we were playing in the final, no?

Fan: “We have lost three finals!”

Oscar RUGGERI: “That’s true. Now, enough with the memes, please.”

Fan: “They’re funny.”

Oscar RUGGERI: “They’re aggressive, unfair.”

Fan: “We ask them to play with balls!”

Oscar RUGGERI: “Sometimes we ask much more than that. We ask them to brighten our lives, to cure us from a cold. We ask less from God.

“We’ve broken a lot of contracts, let’s not break this one. Let’s read it together.

“Gentlemen, I leave everything, I’m going to watch Argentina. Because the players will show me… that they’re going out to win. That they want to leave as champions. That they carry it inside of them, the way I carry it inside of me.”

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
[tw]998595539716493312[/tw]

The state of that defense, man. No chance. That’s without mentioning that fraud Biglia.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans