Argentina

MagIX

As I have already written somewhere, I hope that the coach doesn't make the perennial mistake of building a team around Lionel Messi.
Messi must be a "simple" added value. If Messi is simply 1 of 11 players, and not the center for 10 players, he (and the team) would perform much better.
Imo he should play as forward, with marginal task of building the game.

Messigician

Argentina's policy of selecting only Argentinian coaches has cost them and Messi international success. Wenger should be coaching them not like they have a defence anyway

Giginho75

The myth of Messi not liking Icardi has to stop. The reason why Icardi has not been picked for these friendlies is because he hasn't played for Inter recently and with all the drama with the captaincy with Inter and Wanda.

He also wasn't picked for the 2018 WC because Samapaoli didn't think that there was enough time to build team chemistry with Icardi and the rest of the team so Sampa went with the known and trusted (I still believe Icardi should have been chosen ahead of Higuain).

There were pictures of Messi and Icardi together back in Fall 2017 in the Argentinian National Team to show that Messi did not have any beef with Icardi.

Totally agree.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I have to admit one of the most retarded things I've ever seen is every Argentina coach announcing their lineup the day before the game.

Yeah, give your opponent ample time to fine tune their game plan when they know exactly who to play against.

Vilarrubi

I have to admit one of the most retarded things I've ever seen is every Argentina coach announcing their lineup the day before the game.

Yeah, give your opponent ample time to fine tune their game plan when they know exactly who to play against.

Checked their twitter couldn’t find it, where is it?

soul24rage

I don't mind it for friendlies but they really do need to keep that kind of information more tightly sealed in major tournaments.

In the WC 18, journalists leak the formation and lineups a day or two before the match and they are correct about 95% of the time. AFA need to do better to make sure that kind of stuff don't circulate.

Checked their twitter couldn’t find it, where is it?

Scaloni had his press conference and this is the team playing tomorrow

Franco Armani; Gonzalo Montiel, Gabriel Mercado, Juan Foyth, Lisandro Martínez, Nicolás Tagliafico; Giovani Lo Celso, Leandro Paredes; Messi, Lautaro Martínez y Gonzalo Martínez.

Something like a back 5.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I really hope Messi would retire from international football for good. I understand he loves his country very much but that team is hopeless. Big waste of time.

Giginho75

I repeat what I wrote in the Messi-topic...

Who loves Leo, wants to see him to win with his country something important.

LMTR14

whoever loves leo wants to see him quit that worthless team sucking out his energy once and for all. the less minutes he wastes there the more he can play for barca

gun-powder

the defense of Argentina is a soup I can't believe that they cant found agood defenders in the whole of Argentina. the same problem every time, I think the issue with argentinan is the federation is so corrupted

Giginho75

whoever loves leo wants to see him quit that worthless team sucking out his energy once and for all. the less minutes he wastes there the more he can play for barca

Did you talk with Leo?
This is a Leo's choice and he knows what has to do.

He knows that he is too much important for his country.

Anyway...what fucking energy?
He came back just now with Argentina after several months to relax.
Next effort will be in june, when LaLiga, Copa and CL will finish.

He is the best player of Argentina and is still young to retire...
Then he must play with albiceleste!

Next world cup probably he will be too much old (maybe) to be protagonist.
Copa America is the last chance for him.

The point is another...
The worth of his national team...
This is the real problem...
Worried for yesterday.

Home of Barca Fans