Argentina

khaled_a_d

And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.

which is gr8 from their behalf,and it isn't just those two but many has criticized him for that. You don't want player like him in the dressing room specially when there is clearly 3 better strikers in the team(Aguero,Higuen,Dybala)
Icardi isn't a savior of such team,with their midfield he will find himself isolated and will turn as bad.He is just not worth the package that come with him.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.

Yet Icardi's family says otherwise about Messi.

AURELIUS

which is gr8 from their behalf,and it isn't just those two but many has criticized him for that. You don't want player like him in the dressing room specially when there is clearly 3 better strikers in the team(Aguero,Higuen,Dybala)
Icardi isn't a savior of such team,with their midfield he will find himself isolated and will turn as bad.He is just not worth the package that come with him.

Since when is Aguero and Higuain a better striker than Icardi ? Both are great club strikers but when it comes to the real crunch they have been found wanting. Chokers. Time to let the new breed through like Icardi and Alario. Other players have had serious issues but been selected for Argentina. So Icardi married Maxi Lopez's former wife. He didn't force her. At present the criteria to be selected for the seleccion appears to be you are a mate of Lionel.

That is no way to run a team. Dimichelis instead of Gonzalo Rodriguez for instance. It's obvious to me Bauza lacks the balls to call the tune. There are several players crying out to be picked instead of the dross that continually lines up for the seleccion. It's a joke.

khaled_a_d

Since when is Aguero and Higuain a better striker than Icardi ? Both are great club strikers but when it comes to the real crunch they have been found wanting. Chokers. Time to let the new breed through like Icardi and Alario. Other players have had serious issues but been selected for Argentina. So Icardi married Maxi Lopez's former wife. He didn't force her. At present the criteria to be selected for the seleccion appears to be you are a mate of Lionel.

Since forever,Icardi didn't prove he is better than them in any way. Higuain has been better while playing in same league while Aguero has been better player since forever
They choke?yes the better players choked but then again may be this had something to do with the team?just b/c Icardi is the new young guy doesn't mean he will do better
This team doesn't create enough b/c of their midfield,the striker will never be able to do their job if they get the ball in difficult places and just wait for a magic moment from Messi or a mistake here and there
Someone like Icardi would find life even harder in such a team

Last edited:

El Flaco

Since forever,Icardi didn't prove he is better than them in any way. Higuain has been better while playing in same league while Aguero has been better player since forever
They choke?yes the better players choked but then again may be this had something to do with the team?just b/c Icardi is the new young guy doesn't mean he will do better
This team doesn't create enough b/c of their midfield,the striker will never be able to do their job if they get the ball in difficult places and just wait for a magic moment from Messi or a mistake here and there
Someone like Icardi would find life even harder in such a team

I think you're being a bit unfair towards Icardi mate.

Napoli was second best scoring team in Serie A, simply because of their attacking play and scored a total of 80 goals. On the other hand, Inter scored 50 goals because Mancini used with 3 defensive midfielders in midfield and Icardi barely got chances. Icardi scored 16 goals in 26 shots on target wheras Higuain scored 36 goals with 83 shots on target. Icardi's ratio is 1 per 1.625 while Higuain's is 1 per 2.3. Higuain had 83 shots on target, Icardi 26. Icardi was more clinical compared to Higuain.

Yes, it doesn't mean though that Icardi's expected to have that many goals with that many shots, but it tells on how many more chances Higuain had and how many Icardi could've scored had Inter played the same attacking football as Napoli.

barcanuck

Romero the starting goalie for Argentina has now played 90 full minutes of football for United since the season started in August. Love having him as the #1 well rested.

DonAK

Messi might be doomed because he himself want to play and win with his friends. If that's really the case then I'm not sure I can feel bad for him despite hoping he still wins the WC.

F

FlaFCB

Messi might be doomed because he himself want to play and win with his friends. If that's really the case then I'm not sure I can feel bad for him despite hoping he still wins the WC.

I don't think he interferes with who the coach calls. Bauza is worse than Tata.

DonAK

I don't think he interferes with who the coach calls. Bauza is worse than Tata.

Because he is comfortable with all those players around him, he doesn't mind them. Messi would fight for a washed up player like Lavezzi.

Obviously the coach has to possess a brain and boot those players out, as it's not Messi's job, but that's not to say he doesn't mind playing with them.

F

FlaFCB

Because he is comfortable with all those players around him, he doesn't mind them. Messi would fight for a washed up player like Lavezzi.

Obviously the coach has to possess a brain and boot those players out, as it's not Messi's job, but that's not to say he doesn't mind playing with them.

He wouldn't mind playing with Dybala either. But then Bauza look at serie A top scorers, and Higuain has 15 goals, and dybala 5.

DonAK

He wouldn't mind playing with Dybala either. But then Bauza look at serie A top scorers, and Higuain has 15 goals, and dybala 5.

Higuain is less of a problem than Di Maria and Biglia.

Messi plays best with Higuain out of every other Argentina attacker. The only issue is Higuain's finals record.

But Di Maria? He's the STUPIDEST footballer I've seen in my entire life. And Biglia.....He's not terrible, but you cannot have Mascherano and Biglia in the midfield together :facepalm:

F

FlaFCB

Higuain is less of a problem than Di Maria and Biglia.

Messi plays best with Higuain out of every other Argentina attacker. The only issue is Higuain's finals record.

But Di Maria? He's the STUPIDEST footballer I've seen in my entire life. And Biglia.....He's not terrible, but you cannot have Mascherano and Biglia in the midfield together :facepalm:

Argentina really need to make the transition from this generation to the new one. Only Messi, Masch and a few others should remain. But Bauza won't do it. He's that coach who relies on big names.

khaled_a_d

Argentina really need to make the transition from this generation to the new one. Only Messi, Masch and a few others should remain. But Bauza won't do it. He's that coach who relies on big names.

They need some new faces but I don't think they need such transition from this generation to another one,the current generation is the best and most successful they had since Maradona's 1986-1990,the new one is far less talented IMHO,some good players out there but not gr8 generation in general
And I still remember the Likes of Higuin,Aguero early years. would take the later at the age of 23 over Dybala or Icardi right now for example,he was so specially player back then,nothing is sure that the story won't end same way with NT
And tbh their attack is their least worries,it is still their best line,their defense can be always intact with conservative approach. Their midfield?they can defend but they can't move the ball to their attack in their favorable position,our midfield against Betis is exactly what Argentinean suffers for years. give this team Verratti,Busquets,Kroos,Gundogan or even grandpa Pirlo or Xavi and they are totally different team,otherwise things will keep the same.
I don't see any type of midfielder in the next generation that can change that

Home of Barca Fans