Argentina

Hektor

[tw]1010361201061179392[/tw]

Great analysis for anyone who wants a read.

That is an over-analysys of the game. It is very simple. Firstly, Argentina had the wrong players on he pitch. I knew about the debacle, before the game started. That is why, I did not watch the game. Lastly, Sampaoli strategy was to have Messi as the creative midfielder and the main scorer - you know he is the best in the world. In other words, everything had to go through Messi. You collapse the defenses around Messi, that is surround him with 3-4 players, you stop Messi and Argentina. That is why we are calling for Dybala, one of the top 3 players in the Serie A and the star of Juventus. He is another creative mid-fielder, but he plays a bit more forward. All Messi has do into move to the left, bringing the whole defense with him.That will leave Dybala wide open. For example, if Lo Celso (one of the players that did not play) brings the ball up and looks up and sees Messi covered and Dybala open, he passes the ball to the Juventus player and he has the ability to destroy you. The other team is utterly confused by now and won't be able to react until the second half. If they guard against both, they cannot collapse the defense agains both Messi and Dybala, which would free Messi and even Dybala to do their thing. Another other player missing was Pavon on the left flank. By concentrating on Messi and Dybala, Pavon would be free. Again the defenses have to shift left freeing Messi or Dybala. It is that simple. However, it works the first game. After that, Messi and Dybala have to work more together. These are things that have to be practiced - THEY NEVER WERE. How can Sampaoli leave Argentina's second best player on the bench? How can you not include Mauro Icardi, in the final 23?

An open Dybala is ten times better than a covered Messi.

You relieve some of the pressure from the defense, by applying pressure up front.

Croatia has a good team. It does not mean that Argentina would walk all over Croatia, but it would not have been the debacle of the Croatia game.

Hektor

Last edited:

Hektor

[tw]1010574714367070208[/tw]

[tw]1010575654331576320[/tw]

I reported this a day or so ago. It is either that or exiting the WC. I know - it has become a cabaret. Argentina wanted stability and went for a coach with very good credentials. Under Sampaoli, Universidad de Chile won its first Copa de Libertadores. Chile won the America Cup with Sampaoli. Sevila turned around with Sampaoli and collapsed when he left to coach Argentina. I was very happy to have a great coach for the next 10-12 years, so I thought. The AFA was patient with him: "he needs time to form the team." He is a disaster. We realized that before the game with Iceland. I could not believe the formation he had. One more thing. Enzo Perez replaced Lanzini on the team. He was vacationing in Brazil with his wife and children. He did not play for at least 21 days and joined the team in Russia. How can he start against Croatia? Is Sampaoli crazy, stupid, or on something?

Hektor

Hardy

Few months ago

[youtube]e7KF0VxJlGU[/youtube]

still a friendly but the crap of defense is the same, i guess Argentina should score at least 3 goals in this match to be safe.

barcanuck

What would Pep do with this lineup. That's what I keep asking my self.

He would put Masche back in CB because he can pass the long ball and it's better that he does so from the back as the midfield is completely overrun. Throw all the attacking players out there and let them figure it out and for the love of god not Caballero in net.

Guzman
Otamendi - Masche - Rojo
Messi - Lo Celso - Di Maria
Aguero - Higuain - Dybala

If you can't defend might as well play all out attack.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
That's bs.

People have been shitting on Sampaoli but he proved his worth all he did with Chile. He wouldn't stand for that.

He makes mistakes but people are too eager to direct their anger at someone and managers are often first ones.

El Flaco

[tw]1010342586496770048[/tw]

[tw]1010343275310567424[/tw]

[tw]1010343701971980288[/tw]

[tw]1010347807537065985[/tw]

FCBfan22

I want some of that stuff that Sampaoli is on.

Is it really hard to field:

---------------------Armani-------------------
Mercado---Masche/Rojo-Otamendi-Taglifico
-------------------Banega---------------------
Salvio-------------------------Di Maria/Pavon
-------------------Dybala----------------------
----------Messi-------------Aguero-----------

P.S. I think Perez paid that cook to shut up.

El Gato

Villarato!
I want some of that stuff that Sampaoli is on.

Is it really hard to field:

---------------------Armani-------------------
Mercado---Masche/Rojo-Otamendi-Taglifico
-------------------Banega---------------------
Salvio-------------------------Di Maria/Pavon
-------------------Dybala----------------------
----------Messi-------------Aguero-----------

P.S. I think Perez paid that cook to shut up.

You’d rather play with a crater in midfield with Banega strolling around wondering who is meant to be helping him out?

First game’s lineup wasn’t so bad. Neither is that 4-4-2 posted above. Except putting Perez out is counter productive. Just stick Messi and Dybala out together changing positions at will. If rumours are true and Sampaoli is not making decisions then there may be ray of hope for them. It’ll either be France 2006 or France 2010.

Last edited:

likeafire

If that's the actual lineup then goodbye Argentina and goodbye Messis GOAT status. What a shame. That little bald fucker has completely destroyed Messis status, as Chile manager and now as Argentina 'manager'.

I can understand them not playing Dybala at the start of the tournament because they thought him and Messi together won't work, but to STILL not play him after watching how shite they are. It's not like they've been destroying teams without Dybala in the team ffs. They look shite without him so why not take the risk put him in the team, the worst that can happen is they still look shite. Better than fuckin Perez fuck me.

That's the argies out. Germany looking weak. Brazil scraping past teams. France zzzz.
It's coming home.

Home of Barca Fans