Argentina

dakt

In modern football it's not enough to have one or two stars in the team. The whole team has to act as "one body", has to be very balanced.
Germany is probably the best showcase of that mentality/quality and Spain also.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
-----------------Romero--------------------

Mascherano - Musacchio - Otamendi

Di Maria --- Banega --- Paredes --- Correa

----------------- Messi-------Dybala-----------------

---------------------------Icardi---------------------------

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Apparently Gago might get called up for the next round. Might not be a bad idea.

If you can get a midfield of Gago, Paredes and Banega work......

Morten

Messi is a great creator, but its a waste of his talent to have him be stuck deep in midfield.
I dont know why Argentina keeps doing that, surely their midfield can at least get the ball to the front 3 without Messi?

Mitchell1978

Messi is a great creator, but its a waste of his talent to have him be stuck deep in midfield.
I dont know why Argentina keeps doing that, surely their midfield can at least get the ball to the front 3 without Messi?

They are hardly able to do thath.

barcanuck

Dybala should of been integrated long ago now he's like a new comer and Icardi even newer. Stick with Hiugain and Augero at least they score against lesser teams.

Hektor

Argentina is in trouble for Russia 2018. AFA is responsible for the state of Argentine football due to their disorganization after the passing of Julio Grondona. That includes the youth teams that were under the tutelage of Julio Grondona Jr, the son of the deceased head of AFA. He had no idea what was he doing with weird views of football.

Under Tapia, the New President of AFA, things have turned around. They just hired Jorge Sampaoli, but he only had a few days to practice with the new lineup with a renewal of players. It takes time to make the team behave as a unit. A "Team" is always much more valuable that the sum of its individual parts. Today, Argentina is just good parts not acting as a team. As I said, it takes time. Unfortunately, it might be too late for Russia 2018.

Home of Barca Fans