Argentina

B

beautifulgame

Yeah blame game yet again, the excuses were there before the WC even started, the defense is fodder, the GK is crap huhuhu, which was all aload of nonsense. Straight forward group stage & a easy route to the final, but they can't do it because Messi's teammates suck. Load of rubbish.

That's what turns me off about Argentina, the legion of fanboys, two brain cells between the lot of them.

He didn't play very well himself, constantly dispossesed, travelling the lowest distance out of everyone & he's the captain! with the rubbish he was saving himself (there's another classic)

If he played with the attitude he has had for Barcelona recently, zero doubt in my mind they would've won, because he is pretty much unplayable. But he didn't, so.

True

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi was off form and not putting in a lot of effort. If you mentioned that you were accused of trolling. Still, he was more useful than Higuain and Aguero.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah blame game yet again, the excuses were there before the WC even started, the defense is fodder, the GK is crap huhuhu, which was all aload of nonsense. Straight forward group stage & a easy route to the final, but they can't do it because Messi's teammates suck. Load of rubbish.

That's what turns me off about Argentina, the legion of fanboys, two brain cells between the lot of them.

He didn't play very well himself, constantly dispossesed, travelling the lowest distance out of everyone & he's the captain! with the rubbish he was saving himself (there's another classic)

If he played with the attitude he has had for Barcelona recently, zero doubt in my mind they would've won, because he is pretty much unplayable. But he didn't, so.

Their midfield and attack was bad, really bad. The fact that they even made it so far was great. Messi should have indeed done better, much better, but I doubt he could have won it himself. Again, who would he have linked up with? Who would have finished the chances he would have created?

No player can win it by himself, that's just laughable. Messi, Aguero, Higuain, all of them in bad form, one even if he was Messi wouldn't have changed the fortunes of the entire team.

In the end Argentina's luck ran out and Germany became Champions of the World.

B

beautifulgame

Their midfield and attack was bad, really bad. The fact that they even made it so far was great. Messi should have indeed done better, much better, but I doubt he could have won it himself. Again, who would he have linked up with? Who would have finished the chances he would have created?

No player can win it by himself, that's just laughable. Messi, Aguero, Higuain, all of them in bad form, one even if he was Messi wouldn't have changed the fortunes of the entire team.

Luck? They were better before conceding at the end bruh.

Rahj

i dont see why messi shouldnt have given his all in the last wc. he always talked about how winning this trophy would be his biggest dream. still, there is always the chance that he was in bad shape at the time, but why wouldnt he be motivated enough to try his best?

F

Flavia

I don't think argentina was lucky. Some of their best players were coming back from injury, Messi wasn't on top form, Di Maria got injured during the wc... If anything, they were unlucky. If the team were in better shape, they would have made an even better wc, imo.

King5Puyi

I don't think argentina was lucky. Some of their best players were coming back from injury, Messi wasn't on top form, Di Maria got injured during the wc... If anything, they were unlucky. If the team were in better shape, they would have made an even better wc, imo.

I still cringe at the thought of Palacio running around instead of Tevez. Tevez to me would have been a completely different story for the Argentine team at the WC. But alas, Germany lifting the cup were written among the stars.

zanela

Tevez was running around at WC'10 and CA'11, and it made no difference. Some ppl act as if Tevez was/is the solution to ARG's misfortunes, when he's time and time again proved to be an even bigger choker for the NT.

BrazilFan

Tevez was running around at WC'10 and CA'11, and it made no difference. Some ppl act as if Tevez was/is the solution to ARG's misfortunes, when he's time and time again proved to be an even bigger choker for the NT.

I agree with this, I think people take too much stake in what the player is doing at club level. Tevez was poor every-time I saw him play for Argentina. Granted I'm not saying don't call him up.

Home of Barca Fans