Argentina

AURELIUS

South America CONMEBOL u20 champions......Correa outstanding aong with Martinez, Mammana and several others. Gio Simeone led the scoring with nine goals as a poacher but showed the reason why he is not deemed as talented as his younger siblings by missing a sitter in the decider against Uruguay.

CuleLife4Life

South America CONMEBOL u20 champions......Correa outstanding aong with Martinez, Mammana and several others. Gio Simeone led the scoring with nine goals as a poacher but showed the reason why he is not deemed as talented as his younger siblings by missing a sitter in the decider against Uruguay.

Interesting. I didn't watch the tournament but I kept hearing about Gio being top scorer and thought he was someone to look out for. Didn't know h was just a poacher.

raki

It´s time for them to win Copa America.
Their offensive power is amazing.
Aguero, messi, higuain, vietto, icardi, dybala, tevez, di maria, lavezzi.
Sad to remember that in WC they missed Di Maria and Aguero in the final and were left with Palacio :s

Tata has a talented generation

khaled_a_d

It´s time for them to win Copa America.
Their offensive power is amazing.
Aguero, messi, higuain, vietto, icardi, dybala, tevez, di maria, lavezzi.
Sad to remember that in WC they missed Di Maria and Aguero in the final and were left with Palacio :s

Tata has a talented generation

And if they choose they will have a chance to win 3rd Golden medal in summer Olympics with those 3 leading the offense

BrazilFan

Argentina had a talent front-line for a while now the problem is none of them perform for Argentina consistently except Messi lately.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Argentina had a talent front-line for a while now the problem is none of them perform for Argentina consistently except Messi lately.

Yet most Argentinians adore Higuain and Aguero and have only bad words for Messi .. if he had ONE single good finisher they would have won the WC, but he was stuck with Higuain and Palacio that both missed a 1on1 with Neuer, yet Argentina press only blamed .. you guessed it, Messi.

zanela

Yet most Argentinians adore Higuain and Aguero and have only bad words for Messi .. if he had ONE single good finisher they would have won the WC, but he was stuck with Higuain and Palacio that both missed a 1on1 with Neuer, yet Argentina press only blamed .. you guessed it, Messi.

Which one?

Vlom

Which one?

Don't remember the name but I saw many street interviews in Argentina and articles about this, and also, I was living with 4 argentinians at the time (spent 1year in buenos aires), it was disgusting to hear that Higuain was bringing more to the team than Messi ... though, argentinians are a bit crazy about their local idols, I knew I shouldn't talk football anymore with them when they prefer to watch a Boca - Independiente over Italy - England (WC) .. it has to be a local argentinian thing they can be proud of otherwise it's worth nothing to them, and to them Messi is more spanish than argentinian.

AURELIUS

Rubbish. Injuries robbed Aguero and Higuain of match fitness and sharpness during the WC. And Messi was labouring as well.

zanela

Rubbish. Injuries robbed Aguero and Higuain of match fitness and sharpness during the WC. And Messi was labouring as well.

It's a bit pointless trying to argue against the existent strong messi bias on the board. There has a been a tendency to flame Leo's NT teammates whenever the team fails, and downplay their crucial contributions. Ofc, they'll overlook pertinent factors behind some of the lacklustre showings, as without which the Messi carries the NT narrative wouldn't hold. This is the same board that was hating on Pipita after his MotM performance in the Qtrs (a stage where ARG had come unstuck 30 years prevly). From what I know, much of the ARG fanbase has not resorted to any scapegoating, and 've moved on. But that will never be the case with Messi fanbois.

Vietto and Dybala are the current flavors. God forbid, if they fail, they 'll be solely held responsible for lack of NT titles in Messi's cabinet.

Vlom

Messi fanboy or not, I lived in freaking argentina, i was in Rio during the WC .. so I kinda know what the talks were about .. and we all saw Aguero do nothing, Iguain fail a 1on1, and Palacio .. don't even get me started about palacio.

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
I play pick-up soccer with a bunch of Argentinians and none of them like Messi - especially because they consider him the reason Tevez is no longer in the team. They told me they'd rather have Tevez play the World Cup than Messi and that Argentina would be a better team without him. Some crazy stuff.

The only Argentine I know who doesnt view Messi negatively is my Barcelona-born Catalan boss's Argentinian husband. I wonder how that happened...

Home of Barca Fans