Argentina

zanela

Strong rumours from ARG that Tevez has been summoned by Tata for the upcoming friendlies, whilst Barca 've requested AFA to leave Messi out for the same.

If the former is true, I'm really disappointed in Tata for ceding to media pressure. Now if he's called up Tevez, and leaves out Garay, I've no words. :thumbdown:

CuleLife4Life

Strong rumours from ARG that Tevez has been summoned by Tata for the upcoming friendlies, whilst Barca 've requested AFA to leave Messi out for the same.

If the former is true, I'm really disappointed in Tata for ceding to media pressure. Now if he's called up Tevez, and leaves out Garay, I've no words. :thumbdown:

Any chance Icardi will get called up? I think its time to bring him into the fold and get him ready for the Copa and 2018WC. Guy might just be deranged but he can score.

zanela

Any chance Icardi will get called up? I think its time to bring him into the fold and get him ready for the Copa and 2018WC. Guy might just be deranged but he can score.

It's rumoured some vets in the squad are not fond of Icardi. So he might 've to wait, atleast for the time being. I reckon his inclusion in the Copa squad will be subject to injuries and such.

I watched Icardi again last weekend, and I don't see the fuss about him. He has sharp movement, but he's wasteful and his game too limited. Certainly not the profilic machine that razor keeps bragging about. Messi needs a 9 who can combine with him in the attacking third. I don't think Icardi can provide that.

CuleLife4Life

It's rumoured some vets in the squad are not fond of Icardi. So he might 've to wait, atleast for the time being. I reckon his inclusion in the Copa squad will be subject to injuries and such.

I watched Icardi again last weekend, and I don't see the fuss about him. He has sharp movement, but he's wasteful and his game too limited. Certainly not the profilic machine that razor keeps bragging about. Messi needs a 9 who can combine with him in the attacking third. I don't think Icardi can provide that.

Yea I read the same thing. Definitely probably includes Masch who played with Maxi Lopez at River Plate. I've been following the entire story and I seriously think there is something mentally wrong with this guy from all of the stunts he has pulled with Maxi's kids esp the horrific tattoos.

But I do think that the good of the Argentine national team needs to be considered. I haven't watched him this season but I would say from what I saw last year, he is definitely a work in progress but a good one. He is someone I'd incorporate into the group definitely over the likes of Higuain.

zanela

List is out. Apart from Tevez, some welcome additions. :)

B0-aOx8IgAAE2gs.jpg:large

CuleLife4Life

I can kind of understand the Tevez inclusion. This Argentina group is on its last legs to win something meaningful in an international setting esp Messi. 2018 will include a lot of newbies and old guard who will be over the age of 30. No offense but I can't see Tata of all people guiding you back to a World Cup final. Never knew but Argentina hasn't won a WC or Copa America in over 20 yrs. After the Copa where they have a chance to win, they'll probably toss him aside.

Home of Barca Fans