Argentina

goope

c&p from a 2012 /sp/ thread - enjoy

145922_termessinator.jpeg

pic reminds me of

>World cup 2014
>Messi is kidnapped by Peles thugs in the group stages after a convincing display in the first game where he finally scored a goal
>his team does the ultimate act of courage and says "win it for Messi"
>fight way through tournament like Uruguay in SA, facing tough opposition such as South Korea, and Ghana in knockout stages
>Semis vs Spain, Brazil are already in the final after 5 dubious penalties against Germany, of which Neymar scored 2.
>Brazil decide to rig it in favor of Argentina because Spain is too strong for them and Argentina will be an easier win without Messi and more bragging rights will follow.
>Argentina win 1-0 after 2 wrongly disallowed Spanish goals
>Final vs Brazil, ht Brazil lead 3-0, all Neymar penalties, plus 2 other penalties he missed
>Despair in the locker room, tears in players faces as they pray to Maradona for answers
>Second half starts they look depressed as Brazil dominates the game until the 70th minute
>but wait! whats this? a man has just parachutted into the stadium
>the game is stopped
>can it be?
>Its Lionel Messi!
>"I have escaped and came here to become GOAT" he says as he throws peles decapitated head on the floor
>scores 12 goals in 20 minutes
>brakes the World Cup scoring record
>lifts the cups
>GOAT GOAT GOAT
>riots in Brazil
>Messi becomes an action movie star and gets the new james bond role
>buys falklands back with all the money he has made
>dies with Argentina renamed to "Messi"

http://archive.foolz.us/sp/thread/29391628/#29394141

V

voodoomaster

I seriously have a problem: Is Portugal better than Argentina? Too be honest, I hate Portugal(the football team:). Coentrao, ronaldo, and pepe winning WC would be just like real madrid winning it. It will completely ruin 2014 for me. The most important thing about wc 2014 for me is that portugal dont win and that ronaldo does worse than messi. Sounds childish maybe, but thats the truth. In other words, WC is all about Argentina VS Portugal for me. There you have barca vs real, messi vs ronaldo. So, can someone with some knowledge about portugal please tell me that they will fail badly because theire players aint good enough?

Prediction for Portugal Starting Lineup Position Player
GK Rui Patricio
DF Fabio Coentrao
DF Pepe
DF Bruno Alves
DF Joao Pereira
MF Miguel Veloso
MF Joao Moutinho
MF Raul Meireles
FW Cristiano Ronaldo
FW Helder Postiga
FW Nani

Nani, meireless, done? Pereira, just weak? ..........

"Quite simply, everything starts and ends with Ronaldo for Portugal. If the talented winger is in top form, as he was during the UEFA playoffs, the Seleccao are a legitimate title threat because he's one of the few players in the world capable of completely taking over a match.

Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in the deciding leg of the playoffs to eliminate Sweden and ensure Portugal would be heading to Brazil. A couple individual efforts like that in the World Cup is all his side needs to make a serious run.

The Real Madrid fan favorite is keeping things in perspective, though. Michael Wade of the Daily Mail passed along comments Ronaldo made to Spanish outlet AS in which he talked about other countries serving as the top contenders:

[Portugal] must take it one game at a time, nothing is impossible in football. The strongest teams are Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina... Any team could go on and win it but the two big favourites are Spain and Brazil."

I have this feeling portugal will win it. Cant stand the thought.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
There's no way Portugal will win it, without Ronaldo they might not even make it out of their group. Argentina is easily better.

Paganinisrvnge

145922_termessinator.jpeg

pic reminds me of

>World cup 2014
>Messi is kidnapped by Peles thugs in the group stages after a convincing display in the first game where he finally scored a goal
>his team does the ultimate act of courage and says "win it for Messi"
>fight way through tournament like Uruguay in SA, facing tough opposition such as South Korea, and Ghana in knockout stages
>Semis vs Spain, Brazil are already in the final after 5 dubious penalties against Germany, of which Neymar scored 2.
>Brazil decide to rig it in favor of Argentina because Spain is too strong for them and Argentina will be an easier win without Messi and more bragging rights will follow.
>Argentina win 1-0 after 2 wrongly disallowed Spanish goals
>Final vs Brazil, ht Brazil lead 3-0, all Neymar penalties, plus 2 other penalties he missed
>Despair in the locker room, tears in players faces as they pray to Maradona for answers
>Second half starts they look depressed as Brazil dominates the game until the 70th minute
>but wait! whats this? a man has just parachutted into the stadium
>the game is stopped
>can it be?
>Its Lionel Messi!
>"I have escaped and came here to become GOAT" he says as he throws peles decapitated head on the floor
>scores 12 goals in 20 minutes
>brakes the World Cup scoring record
>lifts the cups
>GOAT GOAT GOAT
>riots in Brazil
>Messi becomes an action movie star and gets the new james bond role
>buys falklands back with all the money he has made
>dies with Argentina renamed to "Messi"

http://archive.foolz.us/sp/thread/29391628/#29394141

I remember that thread. It's time.

Kerrybai

I seriously have a problem: Is Portugal better than Argentina? Too be honest, I hate Portugal(the football team:). Coentrao, ronaldo, and pepe winning WC would be just like real madrid winning it. It will completely ruin 2014 for me. The most important thing about wc 2014 for me is that portugal dont win and that ronaldo does worse than messi. Sounds childish maybe, but thats the truth. In other words, WC is all about Argentina VS Portugal for me. There you have barca vs real, messi vs ronaldo. So, can someone with some knowledge about portugal please tell me that they will fail badly because theire players aint good enough?

Prediction for Portugal Starting Lineup Position Player
GK Rui Patricio
DF Fabio Coentrao
DF Pepe
DF Bruno Alves
DF Joao Pereira
MF Miguel Veloso
MF Joao Moutinho
MF Raul Meireles
FW Cristiano Ronaldo
FW Helder Postiga
FW Nani

Nani, meireless, done? Pereira, just weak? ..........

"Quite simply, everything starts and ends with Ronaldo for Portugal. If the talented winger is in top form, as he was during the UEFA playoffs, the Seleccao are a legitimate title threat because he's one of the few players in the world capable of completely taking over a match.

Ronaldo scored a hat-trick in the deciding leg of the playoffs to eliminate Sweden and ensure Portugal would be heading to Brazil. A couple individual efforts like that in the World Cup is all his side needs to make a serious run.

The Real Madrid fan favorite is keeping things in perspective, though. Michael Wade of the Daily Mail passed along comments Ronaldo made to Spanish outlet AS in which he talked about other countries serving as the top contenders:

[Portugal] must take it one game at a time, nothing is impossible in football. The strongest teams are Spain, Brazil, France, Italy, Argentina... Any team could go on and win it but the two big favourites are Spain and Brazil."

I have this feeling portugal will win it. Cant stand the thought.

Portugal couldn't be Northern Ireland home, they stumbled against Israel too. They have no chance.

V

voodoomaster

Fine, but why? Can you elaborate? I mean, Pepe, coentrao and ronaldo just won CL for Real. They are quality players obviously. I dont follow the other ones close enough to make interesting statements, but why are they so weak/average compared to argentina(which basicly have dimaria, messi, aguero and higuain as quality P.)?

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Fine, but why? Can you elaborate? I mean, Pepe, coentrao and ronaldo just won CL for Real. They are quality players obviously. I dont follow the other ones close enough to make interesting statements, but why are they so weak/average compared to argentina(which basicly have dimaria, messi, aguero and higuain as quality P.)?
They also have Mascherano and to an extent Gago that makes their midfield better and attack better by x1000 than Portugal's. The defense for both is considerably the weakpoint

V

voodoomaster

"Why they might not:
They may be brilliant going forward but there's a lot to desired at the back. "In defensive positions they are extremely underwhelming," says The Guardian. "Sergio Romero cannot get a game in goal for Monaco, while the centre-back Federico Fernandez and the left-back Marcos Rojo are limited footballers."

And while a team featuring the likes of Messi, Aguero, Higuain and Di Maria may offer plenty going forward, there will be little defensive cover in midfield. A lot will depend on Mascherano, otherwise they could be overwhelmed."

Isnt this pretty much it? Weak defense and average midfield will hurt Argentina badly. But does anybody here really have a fair and balanced opinion about players such as rojo and fernandez, are they that bad after all? I dont follow them weekly to put it that way.

zanela

Fab 4 not rumoured to start. Without match fitness, I fear the opener against Bosnia (a team that is ahead in preparation, and the toughest in the group) could end in a draw.

As per reports La Plata pitch isn't in best condition. Perhaps, the reason behind this decision.

All we'll see tonight is ARG MF struggling to create, and Lavezzi sending the ball to the moon. :thumbdown:

zanela

Starting XI: Romero; Campagnaro, Fernandez, Basanta, Rojo; Biglia, A. Fernandez, Perez, Maxi; Lavezzi and Higuain

Home of Barca Fans