Argentina

barcanuck

He has a natural synergy with Messi and is still the focal point up front when Aguero plays ( at least that's how I remember it ) Messi is the main man and he constantly looks for Higuain. Zonal marking did a nice write up a few months back.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/10/15/argentina-3-0-uruguay-messi-the-main-man/

argentina-uruguay.jpg

What a display from the Fab4.

Kerrybai

I need no write up or a video to tell me how Arg operate in attack. I've followed all games under Sabella. Gonzo's 7 out of 9 wcq goals have come in Aguero's absence. When paired alongside Aguero, he plays as a loose RWF, with the former operating centrally. With another 9 next to him, the goal-scoring responsibility is more shared, thus limiting his chances. As opposed to 3 man upfront, where he's the main beneficiary of Arg's attacks. (that's how he's been the most productive - see wc'10 +wcq14)

Well, you've already taken the risk. But don't say nobody warned you. :p

I boooo your logic and sensible reasoning. Knowing my luck Ramos will be scorer and Higuain will get a hernia stepping off the place.

If the Argues go all the way i'll get over it in no time :wub:

King Leo

Banned
Di Maria is on fire but watch out for Messi. I think his problems were psychological not physical and I think he's getting a new fresh start with the NT. I bet he'll be explosive in two weeks plus many Argentinos will be travelling to Brasil, so it should feel like home. Messi that kind of support right now.

L

linetty

I have a feeling the DiMaria-Messi partnership will be stunning at the WC. No need to bet who will be better in particular.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I have a feeling the DiMaria-Messi partnership will be stunning at the WC. No need to bet who will be better in particular.

Both will draw a lot of defenders with the danger they cause. Given how creative they are, it sets a platform for a poacher like Higuain to nab a lot of goals if his finishing is solid. Aguero should benefit from his linkup/service from Messi as well (if he's even fit). If the Argentines can pick up steam and send a message in the group stages, they'll be one of the most feared sides in the knockouts and that gives them a psychological edge as well.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Di Maria is on fire but watch out for Messi. I think his problems were psychological not physical and I think he's getting a new fresh start with the NT. I bet he'll be explosive in two weeks plus many Argentinos will be travelling to Brasil, so it should feel like home. Messi that kind of support right now.

watch out for Messi

King Leo

Banned
Argentina 23 man squad

GK:
Romero
Andujar
Orion

Defenders:
Garay
FF
Zabaleta