Argentina

V

voodoomaster

did you just say portugal?:facepalm:

I absolutely did. Number three on the FIFA ranking, players like pepe, coentrao, ronaldo and a lot of routine. By all means an outsider. Not a controversial claim at all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I absolutely did. Number three on the FIFA ranking, players like pepe, coentrao, ronaldo and a lot of routine. By all means an outsider. Not a controversial claim at all.

Dude, we were in top 20 on FIFA rankings a few years ago and everyone in Norway know that our national team is shit. FIFA rankings are incredibly flawed :facepalm:

V

voodoomaster

:lol: What you know about football and Argentina could be written on the back of a postage stamp. Stay out of this thread and posting nonsense.

What you are basically saying is "I dont like your opinion, therefore you are wrong and should go do something else". So whats so wrong with my claims? Portugal is unfortunately a title candidate. Argentina have some problems. I have seen absolutely every match they have played since 2010, and While 2012 was good, 2013 wasnt that promising as far as I remember. Messis problems needs to go away, because based on 2014 dimaria is a better player. Argentina needs the worlds best player to win it. For sure, my biggest dream is to see messi lift the title, but I just dont think they have the total package. Golie, defense, midtfielders, attackers.

V

voodoomaster

Dude, we were in top 20 on FIFA rankings a few years ago and everyone in Norway know that our national team is shit. FIFA rankings are incredibly flawed :facepalm:

I have never suggested that the FIFA ranking gives the one and only truth, and hell, norway was number 2 in the mid 90's, what I am saying is that it often gives a decent indication. Portugal is a good team and have good players - probably not good enough to win, but an outsider.

AURELIUS

What you are basically saying is "I dont like your opinion, therefore you are wrong and should go do something else". So whats so wrong with my claims? Portugal is unfortunately a title candidate. Argentina have some problems. I have seen absolutely every match they have played since 2010, and While 2012 was good, 2013 wasnt that promising as far as I remember. Messis problems needs to go away, because based on 2014 dimaria is a better player. Argentina needs the worlds best player to win it. For sure, my biggest dream is to see messi lift the title, but I just dont think they have the total package. Golie, defense, midtfielders, attackers.

Because it is not based on factual evidence or any analysis. It's just a feeling you have.

The only issue as nuck refers to is that keeper. Unless he is trained intensively he could commit a howler which sinks the team as nearly every team Argentina will play will stick ten behind the ball as usual.

Nice signature Razor and I take on board your words Zanela. :)

Pellegrini is looking to bring Caballero to Manchester City and Peruzzi is on the radar of Manchester United and Juventus one of the few shining lights in Catania.

Learn the words and sing along with the Albiceleste army:

:party1:

Ocelot

Do you think Higuain will start for Argentina? I was thinking about putting a small bet on him winning the golden boot

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Do you think Higuain will start for Argentina? I was thinking about putting a small bet on him winning the golden boot

Messi,Aguero,Higuain and Di Maria are basically the forward players AFA plays almost every match

Muttu

1409.gif

Kerrybai

I have 200 quid on him at 25/1. I recommend hedging your bet by placing a small amount on Neymar, Messi, Klose etc.

Messi was setting up Higuain with ease during the wcq's, they seem to have a natural synergy.

Last edited:

zanela

I fear you all 've jinxed pipita by betting on him. Him winning golden boot is subject to the tactics Sabella employs. If he's the focal point in attack, he'll get the goals, just like he did in the qlfrs. But if he's played alongside Aguero(another 9), it limits him.. You guys haven't done your homework.

Last edited:

Kerrybai

I fear you all 've jinxed pipita by betting on him. Him winning golden boot is subject to the tactics Sabella employs. If he's the focal point in attack, he'll get the goals, just like he did in the qlfrs. But if he's played alongside Aguero(another 9), it limits him.. You guys haven't done your homework.

He has a natural synergy with Messi and is still the focal point up front when Aguero plays ( at least that's how I remember it ) Messi is the main man and he constantly looks for Higuain. Zonal marking did a nice write up a few months back.

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2012/10/15/argentina-3-0-uruguay-messi-the-main-man/

argentina-uruguay.jpg

zanela

He has a natural synergy with Messi and is still the focal point up front when Aguero plays ( at least that's how I remember it ) Messi is the main man and he constantly looks for Higuain. Zonal marking did a nice write up a few months back.

I need no write up or a video to tell me how Arg operate in attack. I've followed all games under Sabella. Gonzo's 7 out of 9 wcq goals have come in Aguero's absence. When paired alongside Aguero, he plays as a loose RWF, with the former operating centrally. With another 9 next to him, the goal-scoring responsibility is more shared, thus limiting his chances. As opposed to 3 man upfront, where he's the main beneficiary of Arg's attacks. (that's how he's been the most productive - see wc'10 +wcq14)

Well, you've already taken the risk. But don't say nobody warned you. :p

Home of Barca Fans