Argentina

Ritchie

If Messi left they'd probably end up with more of a functioning team as they'd be forced to cut loose the serial losers - use Lo Celso, Pavon, Dybala and maybe Icardi. Lanzini and Romero back. Run more off the ball, get the defence better organised.

They shouldn't be as bad as they are.

xxxxxx

I can't remember the last time Argentina had a good team and manager. It amazes me they made it to the finals in 2014.

malvolio

I can't remember the last time Argentina had a good team and manager. It amazes me they made it to the finals in 2014.

i think italy 90 was their last okish tournament? they went shit after that and there was a lot of controversy around the team. many scandals and big headed players wore the shirt and didn't deserve it.

we wanted them to succeed because of messi, even most neutrals wanted that i guess. mainly because he is a genius and kind of a nice guy. otherwise nobody would have given a shit about argentina.

now it is more of the same shit and internal squabble. it's hard to ask much of a team that went with maradona as manager in a world cup.

Hardy

Unfortunatelly Messi had the best NT in his career in the wrong years, 2006 and 2010 these teams were definitely a world cup winner material but Messi was too young (and he didn't even played with Germany) and in South Africa there was a moron on the bench. 2014 was a good team with a proper defense at least.

Donatello

Damn, Argentina are that bad. Even Nigeria is beating them 2-0 while they could only manage a draw.

I would not dare to underestimate Nigeria

Tekkers

higuain and dybala both play for them same club and at least have a rapport with each other.

4-3-1-2 -- with dybala and higuain up front and messi as the cam.

at least higuain's height helps them with crosses if nigeria parks the bus

wisconsincule

They have to play 4 at the back against Nigeria. If they do the stupid 3 at the back they will get destroyed. Masche is too slow to play as well. Benega over him??

FCBfan22

They have to play 4 at the back against Nigeria. If they do the stupid 3 at the back they will get destroyed. Masche is too slow to play as well. Benega over him??

4 at the back, Banega CDM, Pavon LM, Salvio RM, Dybala CAM and Aguero and Messi ST.

This is their best option, but they will likely experiment again and get burnt.

sabby

Considering their current defense, they need 4 defenders + Mascherano as a defensive screen. There is no mid-field to speak of anyway, so just put Banega in the middle, Messi as the link / CAM , Higuain in the box, Aguero and Dybala in the flanks. I am not saying this a great combination but this is probably the best they can field. Controlling the game is out of option, so might as well try to defend hard and when they've got the ball, just try to penetrate the opponents' defense as much as possible and outscore them.

FCBfan22

Considering their current defense, they need 4 defenders + Mascherano as a defensive screen. There is no mid-field to speak of anyway, so just put Banega in the middle, Messi as the link / CAM , Higuain in the box, Aguero and Dybala in the flanks. I am not saying this a great combination but this is probably the best they can field. Controlling the game is out of option, so might as well try to defend hard and when they've got the ball, just try to penetrate the opponents' defense as much as possible and outscore them.

4-4-2 diamond Valverde 1st Clasico style is the way to go. Masche absolutely shouldn't play against pace-whoring Nigerians.

MessiTBE

Banned
There is still a chance but I expect Croatia to play B team, they have nothing at all to play for and Iceland will beat them maybe even by 2 goals and we will beat Nigeria by 3? No chance

We might not even beat Nigeria we are so bad

Home of Barca Fans