Argentina

Hektor

Apparently their 2nd GK Armani is very good too. Plays for River Plate. Last couple of times Argentina won the WC was with a River GK.

Franco Armani was going to be the WC keeper even if Romero did not get hurt. That was the information I was getting from Argentina.

I was never happy with Romero. He was never a sure keeper. That uncertainty was transmitted and affected the defenders. I do not think that they really trusted him. Now with a better keeper, the defenders might be able to take more chances, because they know that their goalkeeper will save them. IMHO, the defense will improve.

Hektor

Hektor

Hi:

Nahuel Guzman replaced Sergio Romero in the 2018 Squad. Therefore the keepers are: Armani, Caballero, Guzman.

Hektor

Last edited:

Hektor

I read they'd play 2-3-3-2. :lol:

It is basically a 5-3-2 with a twist. I do not think it is a bad formation. However, this formations are good at the start and re-start of the game. During the game, they change constantly. The only thing is that you start players that adapt themselves to a specific formation.

It is going to be two cornerbacks and two central defenders with Mascherano going back and forth the defense and midfield.

Hektor

omar

Franco Armani was going to be the WC keeper even if Romero did not get hurt. That was the information I was getting from Argentina.

I was never happy with Romero. He was never a sure keeper. That uncertainty was transmitted and affected the defenders. I do not think that they really trusted him. Now with a better keeper, the defenders might be able to take more chances, because they know that their goalkeeper will save them. IMHO, the defense will improve.

Hektor

don't think he will be ahead of romero (if he was fit ) ... is armani that good ?

sickstar

Some source saying that he's the best goal keeper in Argentina league and really good one. But still, it's Argentina loss for me. Don't take away Romero's experience.

sickstar

You can say that again and again...again! Icardi just happens to be the top scorer in the Serie A. He is not just crazy but also an idiot!

Hektor

One of my "hallucination" is that most (not just half) other players still don't have a good relation with Icardi, so Sampaoli couldn't dare risking a team for one person. I'm sure at his level, decision would be one that is objective not the opposite.

Than again no proof for this, too.

To me, Not in any chance would he pick Pavon than Icardi in a good day, without additional reason such as above. Higuain, with his experience and five goals from previous world cups still has the edge over Pavon imo, which is, to many, still a roll of dice (still no goals after 4 match).

Last edited:

Hektor

Some source saying that he's the best goal keeper in Argentina league and really good one. But still, it's Argentina loss for me. Don't take away Romero's experience.

I have never seen him play. I'm going by what they are saying in Argentina. Again, I never cared for Romero. However, I would have liked him as a backup goalkeeper because of his experience. It is a loss but not a major one, imho.

Hektor

Home of Barca Fans