Argentina

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You reckon Croatia will beat them?

I think Argentina will top group and from there anything can happen....IF they can defend well enough.

The front four from Argentina is as good as anything else in the tournament for me.

Think we can surprise anyone on a good day. We're a hot and cold team. Don't take Iceland for granted too.

jairzinho

They made it to the final in Brazil by being defensively sound and relying on Messi up front.

Sampaoli can learn a thing or two from the way Sabella organized his team back then.

Morten

People underestimating Iceland, as always.
Personally, i wouldnt be surprised if they advance from their group, leaving one of the two "favorites" out.

Joan

Argentina has to be defensively sound. That's why I don't like Sampaoli. He'll have ideas and they'll cost him.

Hektor

The following is the list of 23 players that are going to Russia 2018:

https://www.clarin.com/deportes/mundial-2018/35-sampaoli_0_BJha0NeJX.html

I like the list except for a major disagreement. Mauro Icardi was left out in favor of Cristian Pavón. If Argentina does not win the World Cup, I will not support, in any way or form, Sampaoli. He is is on his own. If Argentina does not win it, I would be very much in favor of replacing him at the end of the World Cup. Sampa you made your own bed!

Hektor

Stoichkov1

Icardi not mates with Messi is about only reason he is not there.

There has to be truth in it. There is no other reason.

He was never going and Aguero is better but he should be in squad as alternative type player.

Icardi has been crap for the NT though.

Also there's no evidence that he is not there because he's not a Messi's friend, Sampaoli has stated many times that he doesn't like him too much as a player.

JamDav1982

Icardi has been crap for the NT though.

Also there's no evidence that he is not there because he's not a Messi's friend, Sampaoli has stated many times that he doesn't like him too much as a player.

He has barely played and is clearly a better and alterntive option to likes of other strikers.

Quote where Sampaoli says doesnt like him as a player.

Stoichkov1

Said after he didnt make squad..... wouldnt expect him to say anything else at this point.

That quotes dont say he doesnt like him as a player anyway. Got any of those?

Lol the date of the article is 23rd March 2018.

The quote don't say he doesn't like him as a player but the point is that he hasn't been picked fot footballing reasons.

JamDav1982

Lol the date of the article is 23rd March 2018.

The quote don't say he doesn't like him as a player but the point is that he hasn't been picked fot footballing reasons.

He wont say anything else but football reasons....and doesnt say he doesnt rate him as a player.

sickstar

I think either could be right as there are no proof for any of them. We should just leave it to Sampaoli and his team of analyst as they must've considered objectively, not subjective.

Also, Argentina must change their play. By saying, a system that can fully support Messi as center of play, it's like.. "here, leo, We'll hold them off, you go with the ball", and leave Messi alone as core of attack, team with aguero for goal. Even, Messi is changing his style of play, to more of a supporter rather than finisher (ended up top finisher anyway) at Barca.

Argentina need a team that have people who work effectively according to each of their own position and collaborate well. Not relying Messi for everything. He could still do it, like in the group stage against Iran, Nigeria last time. But not at knock out, too much burden.

JerseyAddict

You reckon Croatia will beat them?

I think Argentina will top group and from there anything can happen....IF they can defend well enough.

The front four from Argentina is as good as anything else in the tournament for me.

Croatia can beat anybody. We have a great team. It is more of a motivation for CRO team. Sometimes players think just showing up against "non-top" teams will make them win.
But CRO NT is really strong. If they only straighten some things in their heads.

If someone doesn't fuck up big time in defence and doesn't miss a sitter CRO can beat such Argentina team. And it is capable to lose against Iceland "next day". We Croatians are already used to it.

Home of Barca Fans