Argentina

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
[tw]846738682660904960[/tw]

To add some context of this stat.

Messi played against Chile (both away and home), Brazil, Colombia, Bolivia and Uruguay.

When Messi wasn't available, Argentina lost against the likes of Ecuador & Paraguay at home and Bolivia away. They managed to draw against Peru, Paraguay and Venezuela.

Yer can you imagine if he wasn't there against recent game against chile, imagine the difference

If barcelona lost to ford granada it would be because he wasn't there yada yada, always the same zzz

MagIX

Maybe they can find a deal, and he stays at sevilla too, coaching both club and nt.

It could be a good solution.
But why not Simeone insetad of Sanpaoli ? If I remember well, he was the first who spoke about this opportunity, coaching both club and nt, that a coach
could be trainer for a club and nt. I think he has not specifically spoken for himself (coaching Arg and ATM), he spoke about that as a possibility/opportunity for a coach.

I am a dreamer, i still hope that the new arg coach will be Simeone.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
It looks like Bauza is leaving, the new AFA leaders seem to be going all in for Sampaoli. Unfortunately, the problem of the backup plan still lingers. Gallardo said that he's not interested in coaching the NT right now while Berizzo seems to be overlooked as a choice, doubt the AFA will go for him. Other than those two, I can't imagine any realistic options that'd be good for them (Simeone not being realistic).

If this is the case, then it's a necessity for Sampaoli to say yes. It's up in the air at the moment, but this would be a true change to the Argentine NT. I'm really curious to see how Sampaoli would utilize Messi and if he can stimulate some decent form out of Aguero, Di Maria, etc.

I hadn't considered the case of a coach working with both a club and the NT. If they have good staffs for both teams who can handle some responsibility, then I'm sure it's doable in theory. For example, the club's assistant manager would have to handle most of the work/prep during international breaks. Sampaoli has a fairly capable assistant manager at Sevilla in Lillo so that could work. I don't know if it'd be considered, haven't read anything in the media about a dual coaching job being on the table for Sampaoli.

khaled_a_d

It looks like Bauza is leaving, the new AFA leaders seem to be going all in for Sampaoli. Unfortunately, the problem of the backup plan still lingers. Gallardo said that he's not interested in coaching the NT right now while Berizzo seems to be overlooked as a choice, doubt the AFA will go for him. Other than those two, I can't imagine any realistic options that'd be good for them (Simeone not being realistic).

If this is the case, then it's a necessity for Sampaoli to say yes. It's up in the air at the moment, but this would be a true change to the Argentine NT. I'm really curious to see how Sampaoli would utilize Messi and if he can stimulate some decent form out of Aguero, Di Maria, etc.

I hadn't considered the case of a coach working with both a club and the NT. If they have good staffs for both teams who can handle some responsibility, then I'm sure it's doable in theory. For example, the club's assistant manager would have to handle most of the work/prep during international breaks. Sampaoli has a fairly capable assistant manager at Sevilla in Lillo so that could work. I don't know if it'd be considered, haven't read anything in the media about a dual coaching job being on the table for Sampaoli.

May be they can convince Sabella to get a 2nd chance for a run for title?
As for Sampaoli I think it might be the smart choice for him to accept the job,making as both teams coach till the end of the season for those 8 games and then leave Sevilla.
He is losing the early reputation he made in Europe and a continuous decline could hurt his career. For now the best he will get is a 2nd season with Seville but that will be a make or break for him tbh.
He seem more suited for NT football tbh,and he will have a chance in the world cup with prime Messi,Di Maria,Aguero,Higuin. All undeniable very good player despite all but Messi underachieving. He won't have such chance again. Things in football change so fast and the coach who looked like big clubs will fight to get him now seem not so interesting. He should do the smart thing and leave Seville as a coach who led them to top 4 in Liga and go back for his comfort zone as NT success

CuleLife4Life

May be they can convince Sabella to get a 2nd chance for a run for title?
As for Sampaoli I think it might be the smart choice for him to accept the job,making as both teams coach till the end of the season for those 8 games and then leave Sevilla.
He is losing the early reputation he made in Europe and a continuous decline could hurt his career. For now the best he will get is a 2nd season with Seville but that will be a make or break for him tbh.
He seem more suited for NT football tbh,and he will have a chance in the world cup with prime Messi,Di Maria,Aguero,Higuin. All undeniable very good player despite all but Messi underachieving. He won't have such chance again. Things in football change so fast and the coach who looked like big clubs will fight to get him now seem not so interesting. He should do the smart thing and leave Seville as a coach who led them to top 4 in Liga and go back for his comfort zone as NT success

Messi, DiMaria, Aguero, and Higuain will all be 30 and over next year. Wouldn't say thats prime especially since all but Messi are injury prone chokers.

Argentina's best bet is for Sampaoli to clean house of the "gang" thats lost 3 finals in a row and get hungry players like Rulli, Icardi, Vasquez, etc.

khaled_a_d

Messi, DiMaria, Aguero, and Higuain will all be 30 and over next year. Wouldn't say thats prime especially since all but Messi are injury prone chokers.

Argentina's best bet is for Sampaoli to clean house of the "gang" thats lost 3 finals in a row and get hungry players like Rulli, Icardi, Vasquez, etc.

30 is still in the prime of most players even if it isn't the absolute peak of them, and reaching finals is actually an achievement. They have been by far the best generation in every aspect Argentina had in almost the past two and half decades. People should always remember that. The next generation is far inferior and have even bigger problems than the current one.
While younger players need to be integrated (Dybala mainly) they won't have a chance better than 2018 any time soon. If Sampaoli dream is to lead his NT to something there is no better time.

Yashar1899

30 is still in the prime of most players even if it isn't the absolute peak of them, and reaching finals is actually an achievement. They have been by far the best generation in every aspect Argentina had in almost the past two and half decades. People should always remember that. The next generation is far inferior and have even bigger problems than the current one.
While younger players need to be integrated (Dybala mainly) they won't have a chance better than 2018 any time soon. If Sampaoli dream is to lead his NT to something there is no better time.

30 is still in the prime of most players -> But not Messi! He is tired because he carries the best club team of the world for 12 years.

Home of Barca Fans