Page 122 of 122 FirstFirst ... 2272112120121122
Results 1,816 to 1,821 of 1821

Thread: Argentina

  1. #1816
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by CuleLife4Life View Post
    And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.
    which is gr8 from their behalf,and it isn't just those two but many has criticized him for that. You don't want player like him in the dressing room specially when there is clearly 3 better strikers in the team(Aguero,Higuen,Dybala)
    Icardi isn't a savior of such team,with their midfield he will find himself isolated and will turn as bad.He is just not worth the package that come with him.

  2. #1817
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    18,172
    Quote Originally Posted by CuleLife4Life View Post
    And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.
    Yet Icardi's family says otherwise about Messi.

  3. #1818
    Member
    AURELIUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Watford, England
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    which is gr8 from their behalf,and it isn't just those two but many has criticized him for that. You don't want player like him in the dressing room specially when there is clearly 3 better strikers in the team(Aguero,Higuen,Dybala)
    Icardi isn't a savior of such team,with their midfield he will find himself isolated and will turn as bad.He is just not worth the package that come with him.
    Since when is Aguero and Higuain a better striker than Icardi ? Both are great club strikers but when it comes to the real crunch they have been found wanting. Chokers. Time to let the new breed through like Icardi and Alario. Other players have had serious issues but been selected for Argentina. So Icardi married Maxi Lopez's former wife. He didn't force her. At present the criteria to be selected for the seleccion appears to be you are a mate of Lionel.

    That is no way to run a team. Dimichelis instead of Gonzalo Rodriguez for instance. It's obvious to me Bauza lacks the balls to call the tune. There are several players crying out to be picked instead of the dross that continually lines up for the seleccion. It's a joke.

  4. #1819
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    5,679
    Quote Originally Posted by AURELIUS View Post
    Since when is Aguero and Higuain a better striker than Icardi ? Both are great club strikers but when it comes to the real crunch they have been found wanting. Chokers. Time to let the new breed through like Icardi and Alario. Other players have had serious issues but been selected for Argentina. So Icardi married Maxi Lopez's former wife. He didn't force her. At present the criteria to be selected for the seleccion appears to be you are a mate of Lionel.
    Since forever,Icardi didn't prove he is better than them in any way. Higuain has been better while playing in same league while Aguero has been better player since forever
    They choke?yes the better players choked but then again may be this had something to do with the team?just b/c Icardi is the new young guy doesn't mean he will do better
    This team doesn't create enough b/c of their midfield,the striker will never be able to do their job if they get the ball in difficult places and just wait for a magic moment from Messi or a mistake here and there
    Someone like Icardi would find life even harder in such a team
    Last edited by khaled_a_d; 17th October 2016 at 05:39 PM.

  5. #1820
    Moderator
    El Flaco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Stockholm
    Posts
    7,525
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    Since forever,Icardi didn't prove he is better than them in any way. Higuain has been better while playing in same league while Aguero has been better player since forever
    They choke?yes the better players choked but then again may be this had something to do with the team?just b/c Icardi is the new young guy doesn't mean he will do better
    This team doesn't create enough b/c of their midfield,the striker will never be able to do their job if they get the ball in difficult places and just wait for a magic moment from Messi or a mistake here and there
    Someone like Icardi would find life even harder in such a team

    I think you're being a bit unfair towards Icardi mate.

    Napoli was second best scoring team in Serie A, simply because of their attacking play and scored a total of 80 goals. On the other hand, Inter scored 50 goals because Mancini used with 3 defensive midfielders in midfield and Icardi barely got chances. Icardi scored 16 goals in 26 shots on target wheras Higuain scored 36 goals with 83 shots on target. Icardi's ratio is 1 per 1.625 while Higuain's is 1 per 2.3. Higuain had 83 shots on target, Icardi 26. Icardi was more clinical compared to Higuain.

    Yes, it doesn't mean though that Icardi's expected to have that many goals with that many shots, but it tells on how many more chances Higuain had and how many Icardi could've scored had Inter played the same attacking football as Napoli.

  6. #1821
    Senior Member
    barcanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    5,026
    Romero the starting goalie for Argentina has now played 90 full minutes of football for United since the season started in August. Love having him as the #1 well rested.