Argentina

viper76

Argentina with Messi 12/12 points without Messi 4/18 points.
Argentina problems is with their managers not with a lack of good players.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
This is a team Messi dragged to WC Final and this is a team he is expected to win it with in 2 years.

Poor Leo.

AURELIUS

To lose to such a mediocre team is beyond the pale.

I don't think there will be a Stadio Edgardo Bauza. He is a clown. He simply has not got the balls to make the right changes. The tactics were poor. Long balls, no control in midfield. Never turned the opposition enough.

Several of the players in both matches were a disgrace. Even if Higuain had received service in the Peru game I doubt he would have scored one more. A choker. Aguero just as bad. Demichelis still there ? And the list goes on. Prime criminal is Romero turning a routine save into a goal at his near post.

Why do we have these clowns in the team ? Still ? He hasn't got the guts to tell them you aren't good enough anymore. It's my way or the highway. You want to win something you will follow me or you can leave. No room for cosy friendships.

What astonished me watching the game this morning but it didn't surprise me was to see of the three players who actually played well Banega, Gaitan and Musacchio he hooked two of them. We lost width with the removal of Nico (a real team player who actually moves to receive the ball), and some midfield control with Banega.

He just didn't have the balls to remove Aguero or Higuain. Two of this trio will be lucky to get a starting spot again. No doubt the glitz of playing for Manchester City rather than Villareal counts more for Mr.Bauza while Gonzalo Rodriguez if a mentor is needed for the schoolkids at Ezeiza is a far better defender than Demichelis. Easier to remove Dybala against Peru than Kun a newcomer to the club. And not only that not to play him centrally where he is best.

Alario plays well , Mas too and their reward ? To get dropped. Alario versus Pratto ? Eh ? One can actually move which is a helpful addition for a striker. SM not to have a go at you but you told me to calm down after Bauza's initial match but I saw the warning signs in his selections and tactics. And unfortunately it's been reinforced since.

The man is a clown with no guts. It's a terrible situation. A good coach instead of pretending to say I am looking at sixty players should talk the talk. Don't wait. Stamp your own authority onto proceedings. Make sure they know who is in charge. If this team was picked on form which teams always should be half the current squad would have the time to eat more food, have more useless tattoos and spend time on their hairstyles.

Where is Icardi ? Perotti ? Vazquez ? Three of the top players in Europe on current form. Why not pick Tagliafico ? Or even better Ascacibar ? He picks Krane because he is at Sevilla ? Krane is still a prospect although he has to pick up again after wasting time but Santiago has been superb. You need dynamism in midfield he will provide it. Forget the age. Since when were Argentina scared of blooding kids ?

The whole thing is a shambles much as it was under the Basile reign. Someone has got to come in make sweeping changes lay down the law and pick on form. A disgusting disgraceful set of performances. Yet again the fans are getting short changed. I hope the flak the team and Bauza gets is sufficient to get it into their thick skulls this is simply not acceptable.

And one more thing. People like afar have turned up to crow almost that somehow Messi will rescue the situation again single handedly. I'll remind Bojan and others that until Sabella turned up he too was pretty much a non entity when it came to the seleccion. And also that Argentina under a decent coach have actually played very well and can do without Messi.

Ultimately it comes down to the coach and the players and tactics he uses. Teams with far less ability but a solid game plan and astute coaches can beat teams and win titles that are supposed to be on a different plane. I would honestly think most of us so called armchair pundits that have watched football for three decades or more could pick a better team with the correct tactics than Maestro Boozer.

-------------------------------------------Rulli----------------------------------------------------
-Peruzzi------------Musacchio------------------Garay(Rodriguez)---------Tagliafico--
-----------------------------Asascibar---------------Banega----------------------------------
--------Gaitan/Dybala-----------Messi/Vasquez------------------------Perotti/di Maria
--------------------------------------Icardi/Alario----------------------------------------------

MagIX

I am still convinced that the only solution is Diego Simeone, and that he will be allowed to do with the NT whatever he wants (e.g. finally BENCH Augero, etc.....)
I know, I am a dreamer,....but I really hope that seeing what is going on with ther NT, in some way he will be the coach:worthy: for WC 2018 (if Arg is qualified for the WC......)

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
This is a team Messi dragged to WC Final and this is a team he is expected to win it with in 2 years.

Poor Leo.

This team is as great as spain 2010, don't try to make it all Messi's doing that they got so far these last years, people just love painting Argentina as a weak team to glorify Messi when in reality it's a world class team plagued with world class talent like Aguero, Higuain, DiMaria, Rojo (he plays for ManU for f*ck sake), etc ..

FACHT.

:coffee:

PS : I'm having the laugh of my life with non-Messi argentina, this is grandiose :lol:

Ritchie

This team is as great as spain 2010, don't try to make it all Messi's doing that they got so far these last years, people just love painting Argentina as a weak team to glorify Messi when in reality it's a world class team plagued with world class talent like Aguero, Higuain, DiMaria, Rojo (he plays for ManU for f*ck sake), etc ..

FACHT.

:coffee:

PS : I'm having the laugh of my life with non-Messi argentina, this is grandiose :lol:

Messi and Mascherano have carried that team to the last 3 finals (Di Maria may have helped win one but for injuries). It's unravelling now because Mascherano is out of form and Messi is injured.

CuleLife4Life

Messi and Mascherano have carried that team to the last 3 finals (Di Maria may have helped win one but for injuries). It's unravelling now because Mascherano is out of form and Messi is injured.

And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.

AURELIUS

The bottom line is the coach. He chooses the players and the tactics.

And we have a buffoon in charge. I also blame the AFA and it's sheer uselessness. The only thing it has excelled at has been corruption. If the money accrued from sponsorship deals, TV rights and friendlies had been used properly then one could pay the sort of salary required to prise away the several top Argentine managers there are.

I despair continually. Several years ago I would have liked to seen Pochettino take charge of the u20, Zubeldia the u17 but look at who we ended up with. A change in the way clubs in Argentina are short changed when they lose their kids as well.

A proper scouting system in Europe to keep tabs on everyone. Is there a proper analysis team working for the seleccion. All our top managers have one. Simeone and Pochettino have used such systems from the start. Does this buffoon even know what a computer is ?

The axe needs to be swung now. It was a huge mistake to appoint him. Problem is who can we get to replace him. No one in their right mind would want the managers job. It's a poisoned chalice. Incredibly so when it should be one of the most coveted spots in the world of football.

It's not or has ever been about a question of a dearth of talent. Far from it. Argentina has a wealth of talented young players to choose from. It's the way they get coached, organized and motivated that is at question be it the u17 or u20 or the seleccion. The Olympics debacle is merely a microcosm of all that is wrong with Argentine football.

The cancer of the AFA is still there. It has not undergone any changes. The same snakes are hanging in the shadows and to top it all we have an idiot as a manager.

As I said before half the players in the current seleccion should not be there on form. Even ones like Lamela. To be perfectly frank he has not developed that much in three years. He has not become the main man at Tottenham when someone like Ardiles was. The other chokers need to go as well. Dybala effervescent as soon as he leaves the mess of the seleccion the chief cog through which everything runs at Juve. The generalissimo despite his tender years.

You look at Vasquez running the show once again at Sevilla and you wonder how such players are excluded and misused. And it's not only Argentina fans bemused. Ask anyone who knows a bit about football and they scratch their heads at the exclusion of Icardi, Perotti and Paredes and those who watch domestic football players like Ascacibar. And even those like Vietto and de Paul who made an initially poor choice of first port of call in Europe are now thriving under managers who have placed their trust in them.

Edgardo Bozo is the Diego Maradona of coaching. It seems clear to me that he has one idea only. Messi + 10 (ten of his mates). It may actually take defeats in Colombia and Brazil to seem him removed. Perhaps the AFA cannot even afford a compensation package. Although after what has been served up recently it is us suffering supporters twenty three years without a trophy and likely to be a quarter of a century, that should be compensated for the sheer horror of incompetence on display from coach and players alike.

Horatio

You're welcome
And both are too stubborn to let Icardi on the team. Its pretty much an open secret in Argentine media that Icardi is blackballed by senior players(aka those 2) over the whole Maxi situation.

Why is it stubborn if bad tensions are to be expected?

Not that I believe Messi and Mascherano are campaigning to not have him on.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans