Argentina

F

Flavia

Any idea on who will be called to replace Messi? I hope it won't be Higuain.

BrazilFan

Icardi just seems to have a poor attitude IMO. I think the possibility of him causing locker room problems is the primary reason, he is left out.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Any idea on who will be called to replace Messi? I hope it won't be Higuain.

I don't think there is a need for a replacement. The team already has enough attackers called up. Lamela could take his place.

Icardi just seems to have a poor attitude IMO. I think the possibility of him causing locker room problems is the primary reason, he is left out.

That's a myth. For all the seasons he has been at Inter there was no report at all indicating that. Even this summer Mancini gave him the captain armband and Mancini is a strict coach about the players discipline. Some players (probably Mascherano) don't want him there IMO. And that has something to do with his Wanda/Maxi thing not anything football related.

Observer

Banned
Argentina has great defense and great attackers, the problem is the MF.

Watched the game, they were playing possession game on their own turf because they couldn't connect with MF, so they start abusing with the long balls after.

Really sad they don't have a proper creative midfield, Riquelme had to be facepalming watching this game

xXKonan

Martino Persists on using Two DMs in the Midfield and having one CAM/AM there. Messi had to bail out the Midfield there constantly but without him being there the Midfield is exposed for what it is.

AURELIUS

Martino Persists on using Two DMs in the Midfield and having one CAM/AM there. Messi had to bail out the Midfield there constantly but without him being there the Midfield is exposed for what it is.

Simply put certain players should not be in there like Roncaglia and Tevez. And the coach needs to be removed ASAP. He cannot implement any style at all.

Kranevitter omitted again and Dybala. Ecuador's players are nothing special their defence more so yet they were barely tested. There are creative midfielders playing well in Argentina and not even looked at. It's disgusting that after one defeat at El Monumental in all our history we lose to a team like Ecuador. Martino has undone all of Sabella's work. No balance at all. Correa out wide ? The clown does not have the balls to ensure certain players stay on the bench instead of being accommodated for the sake of it.

Several players picked completely out of form as well. Shambolic really. Martino do the decent thing and resign. You are completely out of your depth in managing a team of the stature of Argentina and players who have huge egos. Simeone please ASAP.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Simeone is not going to happen anytime soon. Bielsa coming back is much more realistic. Though, it's never safe with a batshit crazy coach like him.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Sweet ! Hope they lose the next ones too, I want to see them beg for Messi back, pendejos!

Galning

:lol: Argentina without Messi. The fact that half of the country uses Messi as a piss pole makes this even more amusing.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Simply put certain players should not be in there like Roncaglia and Tevez. And the coach needs to be removed ASAP. He cannot implement any style at all.

Kranevitter omitted again and Dybala. Ecuador's players are nothing special their defence more so yet they were barely tested. There are creative midfielders playing well in Argentina and not even looked at. It's disgusting that after one defeat at El Monumental in all our history we lose to a team like Ecuador. Martino has undone all of Sabella's work. No balance at all. Correa out wide ? The clown does not have the balls to ensure certain players stay on the bench instead of being accommodated for the sake of it.

Several players picked completely out of form as well. Shambolic really. Martino do the decent thing and resign. You are completely out of your depth in managing a team of the stature of Argentina and players who have huge egos. Simeone please ASAP.

I doubt Simeone will take up the job right now, seems like a long shot with him being full-time committed to Atletico Madrid. Should have contacted Sampaoli right after Copa America.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Huge game for ARG tonight, they are without Leo and Agüero... Not expecting anything but hopefully they can grab a win.

Home of Barca Fans