Argentina

raskolnikov

Why? Because he fell in love with a separated wife of another footballer? Any other solid reason why he's a "pos human being"? Hope it's not for his tattoos.
Because Maxi took care of him and was his best friend and he totally screwed him over, tattoos are just salt to the wounds.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Because Maxi took care of him and was his best friend and he totally screwed him over, tattoos are just salt to the wounds.

Do you know anything about the details of what happened or you're just making things up? Even if Icardi was guilty he was just 19 years old at the time. Can't a 19 years old screw up? Was this whole Wanda/Maxi/Icardi thing that big of a deal to make Icardi a pos human being who doesn't deserve to get a call for his NT? Ridiculous.

This story of certain players keep getting neglected for the NT is a long story, it's not just about Icardi, and I don't like it a bit.

raskolnikov

Do you know anything about the details of what happened or you're just making things up? Even if Icardi was guilty he was just 19 years old at the time. Can't a 19 years old screw up? Was this whole Wanda/Maxi/Icardi thing that big of a deal to make Icardi a pos human being who doesn't deserve to get a call for his NT? Ridiculous.

This story of certain players keep getting neglected for the NT is a long story, it's not just about Icardi, and I don't like it a bit.
There isnt much to get about it, wether it was before or after the break up you never have a relation with a friend's ex.
To me he is on a similair level to Giggs and Terry and therefore a pos human, its easily worse in my book than what someone like Cesc did for example.

Remember what Maradona said: "in my day we would have beaten the shit out of Icardi as a group" its obviously frowned upon by the players/coach.
But beside all that tata has favourites, just like Sabella, and who needs him anyway when you have that choke artist and Aguerooo as strikers.

Chainsaw

Killahead
So you would be totally fine with your gf/ex going with your friends?

That depends on the situation of my relationship with my gf/ex at the time. Anyhow it has nothing to do with football. That's my issue with it. Choose base on merit and quality not because someone screwed someone's friend's ex wife.

raskolnikov

That depends on the situation of my relationship with my gf/ex at the time. Anyhow it has nothing to do with football. That's my issue with it. Choose base on merit and quality not because someone screwed someone's friend's ex wife.

Well coaches do play favourites, sae reason why Sabella never called up Pastore, Tevez or Willy.

XaviMessiGirl

I could understand if Maxi Lopez was on the NT and Tata wanted to avoid drama, or if he got into legal trouble off the pitch or something. Of course I don't condone what he did (in fact as a fan of his I find it terrible) but as long as he has his head on straight on the pitch he should get his opportunity. He was joint top scorer in the league last season FFS, and Argentina need clinical scorers up front.

khaled_a_d

I could understand if Maxi Lopez was on the NT and Tata wanted to avoid drama, or if he got into legal trouble off the pitch or something. Of course I don't condone what he did (in fact as a fan of his I find it terrible) but as long as he has his head on straight on the pitch he should get his opportunity. He was joint top scorer in the league last season FFS, and Argentina need clinical scorers up front.

The thing is ,I would imagine many players specially in a older ,experienced oriented team like Argentina right now won't like that kind of guy as their teammate specially since Maxi was ex-teammate to some of them like Messi/Mascherano etc

zanela

It's not like ARG has a dearth of young blood upfront. If it was in defence/MF where an uber talent was ignored for political reasons, I'd be worried, but this isn't the case.

Dressing room harmony comes above all. And if influential figures have boycotted a spoiled tatooed freak, tough luck for him.

Tevez and Lavezzi do f all, and still get called up.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans