Spain

Barcilliant

WTF is going on?

I find it hard to believe that rfef didn't know what was going on. This seems to be more about ego. Lopetegui was going after the world cup. Now watch Portugal win the world cup and Ronaldo is proclaimed the greatest.

tacticvarium

Looks like three new coaches will join the coaching staff.
Does this mean the rest of the staff remain the same?
Or Are they replacing the whole staff with new people?
Anyways hopefully this incident would boost the team's morale and unite them even more..

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know why would we cheer for Spain. Catalans won them the WC and they suppress them in return.

tacticvarium

Because some are football fans before Culé.
Besides my love for Spanish football in general is too great to be bothered by little political issues.

Joan

I usually want Spain to play well, because of Iniesta and Busq mostly.

Countries I've always liked, Argentina and Uruguay.

CuleLife4Life

Don't give a shit about Spain but Rubiales overreacted massively. You don't do this 2 days before the World Cup especially with a manager who revived the team when they were on life support. You got bamboozled. Suck it up and keep going. Then if Spain lost, you'd leave him at the airport and tell him to ask Madrid to find a way back home for him.

ManusXavi

I'm actually more concerned about the federation bringing in '3!' additional coaches than I am about Lopetegui's sacking.
Lopetegui's sacking means that things are a bit sensitive as far as performing in the style they have been.

Jenks

Italy and The Netherlands have both had good campaigns in the past when they knew their coach would be leaving for a club side straight after the tournament. I don't know that sacking him was really necessary.

dostoevskij

to all the marca sophists here, its quite simple:

a coach who tells all his players to stop thinking about their summer transfers and concentrate on the tournament, while at the same time negotiationing with a club for on of the most intense coaching jobs in the world is basically the definition of a hypocrite s.o.a.b.! period

ManusXavi

Spain winning big against Portugal tomorrow morning could happen. It wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for Spain.

The situation in the squad is turmoil.
1. There are 4 completely new coaches.
2. Mental distraction
3. Depression among the players in regard to the actions of sacked Spanish coach Julian Lopetegui.

A big win adds two more problems.
4. A level of excitement this soon could mentally drain them.
5. High public expectation in the knockout games which effects execution percentages. Messing up more opportunities than the average percentage range.

Ideal solution: Portugal playing well, Spain winning 1-0. resulting in:
1. Maintaining low public expectation
2. Spanish confidence
3. More opportunity to keep the media less entertained

This is a sensitive situation.
My prediction: Spain 0-2 Portugal

CanadianBlaugrana

Spain winning big against Portugal tomorrow morning could happen. It wouldn't necessarily be a good thing for Spain.

The situation in the squad is turmoil.
1. There are 4 completely new coaches.
2. Mental distraction
3. Depression among the players in regard to the actions of sacked Spanish coach Julian Lopetegui.

A big win adds two more problems.
4. A level of excitement this soon could mentally drain them.
5. High public expectation in the knockout games which effects execution percentages. Messing up more opportunities than the average percentage range.

Ideal solution: Portugal playing well, Spain winning 1-0. resulting in:
1. Maintaining low public expectation
2. Spanish confidence
3. More opportunity to keep the media less entertained

This is a sensitive situation.
My prediction: Spain 0-2 Portugal

Spain 0 - 2 Portugal 😂 waaaayyy offf!!

barcanuck

Hilarious that they fired their coach just for joining Real Madrid the mortal enemy. WTF has happened is crazy because Real coaches are always NT coaches and vice versa and silly Perez couldn't wait until after the WC to announce this.

FCBfan22

I think if Costa remains in form and Pique gets his shit together, Spain are the biggest favourites as things stand now.

Home of Barca Fans