Spain

El Gato

Villarato!
So Iniesta retired from NT, Pique said before this is his last tournament with Spain IIRC
Who else is there from 2010 team? Ramos,Busquets and Silva. I think Silva should retire too from NT tbh. Spanish player for whatever reason hold too much to the NT ( I think Iniesta and Xavi should have retired from them 2 years earlier than they did)
Feels like a true end of an era tbh

Heard Ramos said something about trying to be there for the Qatar WC. 4 years is a long time.

But who knows. CB was always Spain's Achilles heel position to fill.

Morten

Spain produce way too many quality midfielders of basically the same type, just all short, technical players, there is no diversity in that squad, great as it look on paper.
Also, where are the world class wingers? Asensio was basically the only true winger in the squad, and thats a bit sad.

Barcilliant

Spain and Barcelona need to rethink their tiki taka game. You cannot always pass a team to death. You need some directness and physicality. Busquets is useless. Look at Kante.

Morten

Spain tried to beat the Sovie...Russians through attrition, dont they know you cant beat them that way?

Last edited:

Altomonte

Biggest disappointment of Spanish team was GK De Gea. He let Ronaldo score a goal directly at him and made a very weak effort during penalty shootout.
Compare what Danish and Croatian GK's did!
How can De Gea be ranked so highly?
With a good GK, Spain could have reached the final.

BarcaOG

Banned
in a press conference today a reporter asked lucho which player in Spain he'd like to be (like how del Bosque once said he'd be Busquets) and he said: "Jordi Alba...*laughter in the room*...although I'm taller"

has Alba been called up to the Spain squad for upcoming internationals? if not, thats a pretty shitty and rude thing to say

Messigician

in a press conference today a reporter asked lucho which player in Spain he'd like to be (like how del Bosque once said he'd be Busquets) and he said: "Jordi Alba...*laughter in the room*...although I'm taller"

has Alba been called up to the Spain squad for upcoming internationals? if not, thats a pretty shitty and rude thing to say

Yeah he's been called up. Lucho was always a funny guy

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I bet Alba playing great haf something to do with being omitted from Spain squad. It's the simplest chapter in coaching book that Valverde has trouble grasping.
Instead veterans keep starting despite their form and few younger guys get punished quickly.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
I bet Alba playing great haf something to do with being omitted from Spain squad. It's the simplest chapter in coaching book that Valverde has trouble grasping.
Instead veterans keep starting despite their form and few younger guys get punished quickly.

I had this exact thought going through my mind today. It's weird that when you have to fight for something (In alba's case getting back to Spain"s national squad) ,that you suddeny play better and in his case have the best season ever. Now Imagine every senior player at Barca not being certain of his spot and has to fight for it (except Messi ofc) ?

Home of Barca Fans