Results 1,426 to 1,436 of 1436

Thread: Spain

Villarato!
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by khaled_a_d View Post
    So Iniesta retired from NT, Pique said before this is his last tournament with Spain IIRC
    Who else is there from 2010 team? Ramos,Busquets and Silva. I think Silva should retire too from NT tbh. Spanish player for whatever reason hold too much to the NT ( I think Iniesta and Xavi should have retired from them 2 years earlier than they did)
    Feels like a true end of an era tbh
    Heard Ramos said something about trying to be there for the Qatar WC. 4 years is a long time.

But who knows. CB was always Spain's Achilles heel position to fill.
    People are boring.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spain produce way too many quality midfielders of basically the same type, just all short, technical players, there is no diversity in that squad, great as it look on paper.
    Also, where are the world class wingers? Asensio was basically the only true winger in the squad, and thats a bit sad.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spain and Barcelona need to rethink their tiki taka game. You cannot always pass a team to death. You need some directness and physicality. Busquets is useless. Look at Kante.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were diabolical today. Played right into the Russian's hands.
    Puyol #5

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spain tried to beat the Sovie...Russians through attrition, dont they know you cant beat them that way?
    Last edited by Morten; 2nd July 2018 at 06:02 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Biggest disappointment of Spanish team was GK De Gea. He let Ronaldo score a goal directly at him and made a very weak effort during penalty shootout.
    Compare what Danish and Croatian GK's did!
    How can De Gea be ranked so highly?
    With a good GK, Spain could have reached the final.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    in a press conference today a reporter asked lucho which player in Spain he'd like to be (like how del Bosque once said he'd be Busquets) and he said: "Jordi Alba...*laughter in the room*...although I'm taller"

has Alba been called up to the Spain squad for upcoming internationals? if not, thats a pretty shitty and rude thing to say
    peptastic

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaOG View Post
    in a press conference today a reporter asked lucho which player in Spain he'd like to be (like how del Bosque once said he'd be Busquets) and he said: "Jordi Alba...*laughter in the room*...although I'm taller"

has Alba been called up to the Spain squad for upcoming internationals? if not, thats a pretty shitty and rude thing to say
    Yeah he's been called up. Lucho was always a funny guy

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet Alba playing great haf something to do with being omitted from Spain squad. It's the simplest chapter in coaching book that Valverde has trouble grasping.
    Instead veterans keep starting despite their form and few younger guys get punished quickly.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alba called up.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

This is very dangerous for us.

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    I bet Alba playing great haf something to do with being omitted from Spain squad. It's the simplest chapter in coaching book that Valverde has trouble grasping.
    Instead veterans keep starting despite their form and few younger guys get punished quickly.
    I had this exact thought going through my mind today. It's weird that when you have to fight for something (In alba's case getting back to Spain"s national squad) ,that you suddeny play better and in his case have the best season ever. Now Imagine every senior player at Barca not being certain of his spot and has to fight for it (except Messi ofc) ?