Spain

Jenks

You have to take it into context, this isn't a reserve players. Those are youth oplayers given a chance to get experience wih first team as a hope to boost their career and help them in future. VDB started it last Euro and called many youth players like Denis.

I think more and more countries are doing this. Southgate is bringing Mason Mount, Sancho etc. to train with England before the World Cup too.

Last edited:
I more and more countries are doing this. Southgate is bringing Mason Mount, Sancho etc. to train with England before the World Cup too.

Germany's U20 has a training camp in another hotel in the same town and they will play against the German team in 3 matches trying to play the tactics of the opponents of the group stage. Germany has done that 2014, too.

El Gato

Villarato!
Why did Lopetegui get sacked?

Because Rubiales didn't like getting informed about him choosing to tear up the long-term deal allegedly behind his back a few days before the WC. Essentially pride.

Cretins. Aragones leaving didn't matter. Kovać leaving for Bayern didn't matter and he even delivered Pokal by accident against his future employer.

Fools.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's a controversial decision. By both parties. Julen didn't act noble about it tbh.

So another former Barca man (and Madrid) - Celades is in charge now. But I read about Lucho being linked with the job.

El Gato

Villarato!
It's a controversial decision. By both parties. Julen didn't act noble about it tbh.

So another former Barca man (and Madrid) - Celades is in charge now. But I read about Lucho being linked with the job.

Probably not. RM had their own reasons for wanting to secure a manager before the WC. And had it not been for impulsivity of the Federation and Rubiales who probably felt personally insulted, Spain would still have the same shot at winning the WC with RM being sorted. Only Federation would have been somewhat hard done with it. Now it's solely up to the players with no manager to guide them and shitstorm all around them.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
While i do agree some pride is involved here, this is basically just an awful decision by him and madrid.

bismp

Do tell why.

They could have made an agreement or even signed a contract without formally announcing it to the world,just two days before the WC.This decision shows that the coach is more concerned about his future career than the WC.

El Gato

Villarato!
They could have made an agreement or even signed a contract without formally announcing it to the world,just two days before the WC.This decision shows that the coach is more concerned about his future career than the WC.

Lol, lie. The deal was kept behind closed doors until someone started spreading the rumor in the locker room. And rumors are no good for team's concentration, so the honest option is the best option.

ManusXavi

Lol, lie. The deal was kept behind closed doors until someone started spreading the rumor in the locker room. And rumors are no good for team's concentration, so the honest option is the best option.

That is impossible to keep quiet. Lol

FCBfan22

Ramos opened his ugly mouth and Pique flipped.

It's as simple as that. He is deservedly sacked. Why would you even tell the players who the new coach will be, because things like this can happen.

I also think that Ramos was the only one who knew about it, because he is the RM captain. It's more than likely that he spilled the beans.

bismp

I was not aware of that.Still,the coach should have foreseen that the deal would be leaked,that rumors would spread in the locker room,that it wouldn’t be good for the team’s concentration and that sooner or later the deal would be made public.

Thus,he should have told RM to either wait for the WC to end before having any discussion(behind the Federation’s back if the rumors are true) or just look for another option.

Playing/coaching any national team is supposed to be the greatest honor for any player/coach,so choosing to jeopardize the team’s morale a few days before the world club is as unprofessional as it can get.

Home of Barca Fans