Spain

Pablo Escobar

Why would anyone except a manager in his good days to choose a National Team over clubs?

Look at where Del Bosque was in 2008, sacked 2 years before by Besiktas and basically without a job when he was named.

Spanish Head Coach will always be a disappointment when he is named.

Stric

Logical decision. He's had a great run, but Spain need to start a new cycle and a new coach will do them good. Thanks VdB for starting Alba and opening everyone's eyes to what a player he is.

F

Flavia

[tw]750450840377430017[/tw]

The names of the main candidates to replace Del Bosque.

:VdB:

Messi983

He's better choice than Caparros or Camacho. It's clear they have to rejuvenate the team and he already knows most of the young players from U21 team that will have to take more important role in the future. It's time for the new generation to show what they can do.

From the starting XI in Euro I'd only keep De Gea, Pique, Ramos (CB is by far their worst position depth wise so they'll stay starting CB pair but players like Mere and maybe Vallejo should get their chance; also Bartra if he'll play more in Dortmund) and Busquets. Maybe also Alba (he should get more competition as they have some good young LBs though) and Morata (it depends on how much he'll play in Madrid if he stays there but Paco Alcacer should be seriously considered too). Hopefully Iniesta will retire from NT and the likes of Cesc and Pedro don't have anything more to offer.

F

Flavia

Surely better than caparros and camacho. His U21 side from 2013 was very good, so he knows the players to renovate properly. Hopefully more Koke and less cesc.

khaled_a_d

I don't think he is a gr8 coach,but considering the other candidates he is probably the best one

He's better choice than Caparros or Camacho. It's clear they have to rejuvenate the team and he already knows most of the young players from U21 team that will have to take more important role in the future. It's time for the new generation to show what they can do.

From the starting XI in Euro I'd only keep De Gea, Pique, Ramos (CB is by far their worst position depth wise so they'll stay starting CB pair but players like Mere and maybe Vallejo should get their chance; also Bartra if he'll play more in Dortmund) and Busquets. Maybe also Alba (he should get more competition as they have some good young LBs though) and Morata (it depends on how much he'll play in Madrid if he stays there but Paco Alcacer should be seriously considered too). Hopefully Iniesta will retire from NT and the likes of Cesc and Pedro don't have anything more to offer.

That is 6 players,too much for the "only" tag :lol:

CuleLife4Life

I think he is a good choice. Done well in the youth teams and seems to thrive on national setups. He seemed overwelmed during his time at Porto.

I'm expecting massive cuts from the current team and guys like Pedro, Cesc, etc are left out. Like someone said, I hope Iniesta retires in a dignified manner and continues to focus only on Barca and preserving his body. Spain has a ton of talent that weren't given chances by Del Bosque.

Messi983

Lopetegui didn't call up Casillas, Fabregas, Pedro and Juanfran for the games against Belgium and Liechtenstein.

14722069274906.jpg

Home of Barca Fans