Starting line up.
. . . . . . . Villa . . . . . . .
. . Silva, Iniesta, Pedro. .
. . . Alonso, Busquets . . .
Alba, Ramos, Pique, Azpillicueta
. . . . . . .Casillas . . . . . . .

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
2008 played very attractive football, 2010 the luckiest, 2012 the most boring and yet to know what is Spain 2014.

khorne

Which spanish team do you think was the best?
2008, 2010, 2012 or 2014?

hmmm that's a good question. I'd say in the world cup qualification in 2009 they were at the height of their powers, before torres and iniestas injuries. They were completely unplayable at that time. The world cup itself was less glamorous, but i'd put that down to injuries and also after the loss against switzerland they were under siege for the rest of the tournament, every game a final in itself. the pressure must have been inhuman for the players and still they played really well at times.

2012 was a typical change of generation, the fact that they still won the thing just shows how insane the spanish football potential is right now

From the entertainment point of view, it was the 2008 eurocopa team, hands down. but i might be biased here, because a) the ec started 2 days after my finals in high school and b) it took place in my country, so it was generally a time of blissful epicness :lol:

Gnidrologist

Funny thing is that they ''became boring'' after 2008 because Pep took and changed Barca and thus the entire Spanish middlefield philosophy into extreme keep-ball tiki-taka, which gave Barca success that it had. Del Bosque simply copy pasted that it into NT given it's core was made of Barca players. I love 2008 squad, but to be honest, i think they wouldn't win World Cup. 2010 brought the very needed pragmatism. Ability to grind victory no matter what, instead of flying high through emotional pathos and then loosing to some more practical, but less flashy team with good defence, like they have been doing every tournament prior 2008, while also heaving great teams on paper.

About lineups. I still think VDB should risk and put Costa there. He cannot into tiki-taka, but give him half a chance and he can finish it off. That cannot be said about Xavi-Iniesta-Silva-Fabregas combo, who can make triangles and squares like there's no tomorrow, but squander gazzilions of chances they create for themselves. Need someone, who sees red when ball is at his feet in the box.

V

voodoomaster

2010. Greatest moment 2008-2014?

Classic Puyol vs germany in the semis 2010.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Casillas; Juanfran, Ramos, Javi Martínez, Jordi Alba; Xabi Alonso, Koke, Iniesta; Pedrito, Cesc, Diego Costa

Gametime.

Home of Barca Fans