Spain

Vilarrubi

@linetty Agreed about Costa against Italy.. looked really lost! Hope is different in the WC.

What would everyone's starting 11/formation be for Spain?

L

linetty

@linetty Agreed about Costa against Italy.. looked really lost! Hope is different in the WC.

What would everyone's starting 11/formation be for Spain?
Casillas
Azpi Ramos Pique Alba
Busquets
Xavi Cesc
Pedro/Silva Torres/Costa Iniesta

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Casillas

Azpi - Ramos - Pique - Alba

Busquets - Koke

Silva - Xavi - Iniesta

Costa​

Stric

VdB is gonna troll everyone so hard and play pretty much the same lineups as he did in the EC.

Superstar85

Casillas

Azpi - Ramos - Pique - Alba

Busquets - Koke

Silva - Xavi - Iniesta

Costa​

This, but with Cesc in place of Xavi with all 3 (Cesc,Iniesta & Silva) rotating constantly as they often do.
And if they're leading, bring in Pedro in place of Costa and move Cesc to the false 9 role.

V

voodoomaster

Spain has the best team. They probably win 1-0 most of their matches and win the final on penalties.

Barcadub

Costa is really important for this team.

An out and out striker.

Would like to see a few new faces in the team. Change things up abit.

Picked up the glorious jersey a few days ago. My favourite jersey for many years.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Del Bosque (coach ESP): "Pique telling me Cesc will leave? I don't want to comment. It's very uncomfortable. It was a private chat." [rm]

:lol: I can't tell whether to believe it or not... VDB is no troll but Pique is and that was a very stupid blunder so I have a hard time believing that two people who deal with the media so often would just let something like that slip.

Gnidrologist

What are your thoughts on Costa actually having a chance and/then influence on Spain's play? I always wanted a no nonsense attacker, who unhesitatingly tries to put ball in the net even from half certain positions for Spain's attack. They seem to be too stuck with ''we need to walk the ball into the net even if it's just an irrational whim'' and it has costed a lots of missed chances. They still won everything in the last six years, but not so good for Barca, who IMO were clearly making themselves victims by trying to be overly stylish in situations, where the efficiency would won them titles.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We've never seen Costa enough with La Roja to be certain it will work well although it might eventually, if given time to integrate...In a tournament like this, coming off an injury and having never developed any chemistry with the team in a competitive match?...I think it's far from a sure fire success

Home of Barca Fans