Spain

L

linetty

Torres is a great player to have in your squad and he fits Spain much better than Diego Costa.

The gif you posted above, he tried to do it spectacularly, I'm sure he would've finished it with cold blood if that game meant something.

He should be first choice striker for Spain at the WC, IMHO

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Too easy to say in a 'real match' as far as Torres is concerned, he hasn't finished something quite so easy in any match of late...Especially when you consider these friendlies are not merely money makers but tune ups, the teams need to be preparing for competitive matches and that means taking your chances...That was something I loved about Suisse vs Jamaica, it was a very intense encounter...Had the feel of an actual World Cup match, tbh

I do agree, however, that El Nino fits the profile of an ideal forward for Del Bosque but he's been abysmal for years...I have to say, I don't honestly believe Spain can count on him to show up once every dozen matches but they have precious few alternatives...Hence Costa's rushed naturalization to incorporate him into the squad

L

linetty

Too easy to say in a 'real match' as far as Torres is concerned, he hasn't finished something quite so easy in any match of late...Especially when you consider these friendlies are not merely money makers but tune ups, the teams need to be preparing for competitive matches and that means taking your chances...That was something I loved about Suisse vs Jamaica, it was a very intense encounter...Had the feel of an actual World Cup match, tbh

I do agree, however, that El Nino fits the profile of an ideal forward for Del Bosque but he's been abysmal for years...I have to say, I don't honestly believe Spain can count on him to show up once every dozen matches but they have precious few alternatives...Hence Costa's rushed naturalization to incorporate him into the squad
Well, Bolivia is no determinant of in what shape Spaniards are at the moment. It was never supposed to be an intense encounter. I do agree he should've taken the chance but it is nothing to be concerned about.

However, he has been the Euros best goalscorer so I can't see him not being the first choice in Brazil... Costa was completely lost when he got his chance (vs Italy?), like a child in a forest

Spain's combinative style of play is a far cry from what Costa has been a part of this past season...

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Costa simply hasn't had much opportunity to gel with the NT, that's a reality...No idea whether he would ultimately work out well, given a proper amount of time to adjust which is why I see him as a longshot now to influence the WC

Of course, if Torres does contribute, it'll be a surprise to most because he's been so poor for La Roja...I still can't fathom what has happened to him because he's had a few impressive outings for Chelsea this season but largely, he's been far from his former self, IMO

Hamzah

High Definition Member
That's misleading. He only scored three two of which were against Ireland and one was a goal against an already spent Italy team.

ccesc

Bo9ZLvtCUAEdIId.jpg

Maria

-Azpilicueta is a great player but his offensive play is not good enough for Spain. I'm not sure whether he'll go to Brazil

After they had Arbeloa there, I don't know how you can say this about Azpi. Especially when they have Alba on the other side so Azpilicueta will have to be more defensive.

Torres and Cazorla shouldn't be there

I agree about Torres(I would have taken Llorente), but the one who should have stayed home from the midfield is Mata..and Thiago should have been there instead. :cry:

Last edited:
I

instinct

I think Thiago would have been there, if he hadn't got injured.

Azpilicueta >>>>>>> Arbeloa

Alarcón

They played Arbeloa because their other right backs were even worse. I rate both Carvajal and Juanfran higher than Azpilicueta but maybe and hopefully he will prove me wrong.

And I'm 100% sure if Thiago hadn't injured himself he would have been at the WC. The squad has too many PL players in it, for me, they always look out of place when playing with Spain, David Silva is a notable exception.

Home of Barca Fans