Spain

F

Flavia

If Diego Costa can't go, what will Spain do with Torres and Villa as their only CF. That has to be concerning.

They really do lack power upfront. I don't know if Negredo or Llorente could be good options.

Ursegor

World Champion
I dont know, but Spains game doesnt excite me anymore, I feel like they dont play tiki taka anymore.

Not exactly seing a potential WC champion. Some moments of greatness, but it's too stale like Bayern and Barca has been this season.

Was hoping to see some more potent tiki-taka again, but nothing really eye-opening so far. Hoping Deulofeu comes on and makes a difference!

They are playing with their reserves. Alba, Busquets, Alonso, Iniesta, Silva are on the bench.

Maria

Not exactly seing a potential WC champion. Some moments of greatness, but it's too stale like Bayern and Barca has been this season.
Was hoping to see some more potent tiki-taka again, but nothing really eye-opening so far. Hoping Deulofeu comes on and makes a difference!

I don't think Spain ever played tiki taka, not in the same way Barca played it. Spain's game had the same idea but was always a much slower pace because they did not have Messi or Alves to change the pace, and they had Xabi Alonso in the middle clogging things down.

This.
Plus Del Bosque has always prioritized the defense(and especially in the last 2 years, since Xavi is not what he used to be). I still remember reading in 2010 and 2012 just how boring Spain in comparison with Germany and we all know who won in the end(and with that I'm not saying that Spain is going to win the WC, but I trust that Del Bosque will make the necesarry adjustments).

Still, not impressive at all so far considering the talent they got on.

In how many friendlies has Spain been impressive since they won the World Cup? I remember 2 or 3 only.

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Still, not impressive at all so far considering the talent they got on.

It's still their reserves. Why would you expect Torres, Iturraspe, Mata, Moreno to pull off proper "tiki-taka" against a bus? Even if they are quality players on paper?

Maria

It's still their reserves. Why would you expect Torres, Iturraspe, Mata, Moreno to pull off proper "tiki-taka" against a bus? Even if they are quality players on paper?

If it were up to me, I wouldn't take either of them to the World Cup.

Home of Barca Fans