Spain

footyfan

Calma, calma
Llorente had an unbelievable impact on the Portugal game at the last World Cup. I wonder if Del Bosque will keep him just for those moments.

Alissa

Looking at that Spain squad, how is that fair to the rest of the world? *sigh* I am not saying that it's a given that they are going to win it, because that's never a given, but FHS look at those names.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Only natural that Spain are the favorites, we continue to live in a Barcelona era despite all the upheaval this past season...Scoring will continue to be their achilles heel until a goalscorer emerges from the squad which gives opponents a chance

Truth is, it's starting to look more & more like a potentially phenomenal World Cup - there are so many quality sides to compete against...Hope we see some glorious football in Brasil

ManusXavi

The 7 I would drop.
1. Fernando Torres
2. Llorente
3. Cesc Fabregas
4. Believe it or not: Xavi
5.Moreno
6 Itturraspe
7. Mata

I'm actually quite serious about dropping Xavi. I don't want a player who will be a afraid at being direct. Cesc has just under performed for me this season.
In the 4-2-3-1 we have CM/DM of Martinez, Alonso, Busquets and maybe Thiago. Right wingers we have Pedro, Navas. On the left we have Cazorla and Koke. Behind the main striker we have Iniesta and Silva. Then the 3 strikers who Del Bosque can choose between to start. They are Negredo, Villa and Costa.

zealot

I guess I am the only one who has a soft spot for Iturraspe, and doesn't want him to be dropped if posible. He's got the potential to be a massive player.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
tu6ehumu.jpg

Superstar85

Dropping Carvajal would be idiotic. Best full back in that squad.

Azpili is the best defensively (and was the most consistant all season) amongst the bunch and he's just as good as Carvajal going foward (+ he can also play on both the left and right side).
Ultimately Alba is the best offensively though.

ammarfcb

ze special one
already got iniesta down for man of the tournament (no fanboy bias), his just the best at international football. spain can't get carried away by the fact they actually have a striker this time, gotta build around iniesta again.

shame about thiago injury :(

edit: also, alonso...i know its barca forum but the amount of times i scroll through threads and see spain line ups without alonso is disturbing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans