Spain

barcanuck

Old man does change his attack quite strangely as we saw in the Euros playing with no striker but his defense and midfield always features 2 defensive mids and a defensive full back. Going to be intresting to see how he works all the talent in.

Maria

Alonso, Beñat and Javi Garcia are left out of the confed cup :VdB:

Final list:

Iker Casillas (Real Madrid)
Víctor Valdés (FC Barcelona)
Pepe Reina (Liverpool)
Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)
César Azpilicueta (Chelsea)
Gerard Piqué (FC Barcelona)
Raúl Albiol (Real Madrid)
Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid)
Jordi Alba (FC Barcelona)
Nacho Monreal (Arsenal)
Sergio Busquets (FC Barcelona)
Javi Martínez (Bayern Munich)
Xavi Hernández (FC Barcelona)
Santi Cazorla (Arsenal)
Andrés Iniesta (FC Barcelona)
Jesús Navas (Sevilla)
David Silva (Manchester City)
Juan mata (Chelsea)
Pedro Rodríguez (FC Barcelona)
Cesc Fábregas (FC Barcelona)
Roberto Soldado (Valencia)
David Villa (FC Barcelona)
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)

It makes no sense to leave Benat out with Xabi injured..and Negredo deserved to go more than many on that list. And not to mention Carvajal who had a better season than Arbeloa(though :VdB: is probably just expecting to see who will play at RB next season for RM).

Alonso's injured.

Just like Busquets, but it seems that Xabi is aware that he won't have a guaranteed place in the first XI next season. Thankfully for Busquets and Xavi, they know that something like this won't happend at Barca..

Last edited:

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
I would start Azpilicueta over Arbeloa.

I expect Javi Martinez to take over for Alonso in the double-pivot but Del Bosque might just switch to a 4-3-3.

My Starting XI would be:
Iker Casillas
Jordi Alba
Gerard Pique
Sergio Ramos
Cesar Azpilicueta
Sergio Busquets
Javi Martinez
Xavi Hernandez
Andres Iniesta
Juan Mata
Roberto Soldado

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Just like Busquets, but it seems that Xabi is aware that he won't have a guaranteed place in the first XI next season. Thankfully for Busquets and Xavi, they know that something like this won't happend at Barca..

You are overdoing it now.

89Norcal

Mata should play, he's by far had the best season out of the whole squad.

My 11 would be this.

Casillas
Arbeloa Ramos Pique Alba
Xavi Martinez Busquets
Mata Villa Iniesta​

Although we know that Fabregas will start, as most likely will Silva!

I don't really see a problem with Fabregas, but I agree on Mata, he has been excellent this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I know many people here support Spain because so many Barca players happen to play for their NT but I would still rather have them crash out early from Confederations Cup. Tito hardly rotated those players and they are overplayed as it is.

eivissabcn

My 11 would be anything like this :
Valdes;
Azpilicueta, Ramos, Pique, Alba;
Busquets, Martínez;
Silva, Xavi, Iniesta;
Soldado.

Galning

I know many people here support Spain because so many Barca players happen to play for their NT but I would still rather have them crash out early from Confederations Cup. Tito hardly rotated those players and they are overplayed as it is.

First one who shares my opinion :beer2:

loozy

Why? Xabi and Busi have the same injury, but only one of them choses to stay at home and recover. How would you want me to react?

Alonso struggled with this injury all season (and even before that) and had to sit out pretty much the second half of the season (only played the important games and made guest appearances in the rest).

F

forcabarca

Xabi was supposed to undergo a groin surgery in Germany.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

loozy

I'd love to know what kept Valdes so interested that he did not turn his head at all :rofl1:

i8BdYdKQ5y3TE.gif

Home of Barca Fans