Friendlies

Messigician

Argentina will never ever hire a non Argentinian manager. Trust me, I know Argentina up close and personal.

Lmao ok mate care to explain this then?

Claudio Tapia, the AFA president, claimed this week that he discovered that Guardiola's salary was unmatchable as he attempted to recruit the Catalan to replace Jorge Sampaoli, who was sacked following Argentina's disappointing World Cup campaign.

"We tried to find out about getting Guardiola but it was very difficult," Tapia told TyC Sports. "Very difficult... a fat wallet. Yes, we found out something. It was impossible."

George_Costanza

Lmao ok mate care to explain this then?

Claudio Tapia, the AFA president, claimed this week that he discovered that Guardiola's salary was unmatchable as he attempted to recruit the Catalan to replace Jorge Sampaoli, who was sacked following Argentina's disappointing World Cup campaign.

"We tried to find out about getting Guardiola but it was very difficult," Tapia told TyC Sports. "Very difficult... a fat wallet. Yes, we found out something. It was impossible."

The problem is you don't understand the AFA are all made of corrupted bull shitters. Tapia can say whatever but the fact is he/AFA never contacted Pep and will never do.

Also, you missed the part (probably on purpose) where Pep replied to such rumor.

"Guardiola, however, has dismissed the claims, insisting that he was never contacted by anybody at the AFA, and that Tapia could not and should not have mentioned his salary. "So no, I'm a little bit disappointed because the president of the AFA cannot say that he could not be in contact with Pep because his salary is amazing," the City boss said at his Friday press conference. "To know that he has to know my salary. Secondly, he has to know that I know exactly that when you are with a national team the approach is completely different. And the third thing, the most important, is that nobody contacted me.
"Of course because I have a contract and I want to stay here until the end. It was not correct to say the reason why [due to his salary].

"And another one: for the Argentina national team, the manager has to be Argentine. There are many, and they are really good, so I’m not going to train Argentina. I don’t know what happens in the future but don’t say, ‘I don’t go with Pep because of the salary’, because for that he has to talk to me and know everything. Next time he will do better."

Messigician

The problem is you don't understand the AFA are all made of corrupted bull shitters. Tapia can say whatever but the fact is he/AFA never contacted Pep and will never do.

Also, you missed the part (probably on purpose) where Pep replied to such rumor.

"Guardiola, however, has dismissed the claims, insisting that he was never contacted by anybody at the AFA, and that Tapia could not and should not have mentioned his salary. "So no, I'm a little bit disappointed because the president of the AFA cannot say that he could not be in contact with Pep because his salary is amazing," the City boss said at his Friday press conference. "To know that he has to know my salary. Secondly, he has to know that I know exactly that when you are with a national team the approach is completely different. And the third thing, the most important, is that nobody contacted me.
"Of course because I have a contract and I want to stay here until the end. It was not correct to say the reason why [due to his salary].

"And another one: for the Argentina national team, the manager has to be Argentine. There are many, and they are really good, so I’m not going to train Argentina. I don’t know what happens in the future but don’t say, ‘I don’t go with Pep because of the salary’, because for that he has to talk to me and know everything. Next time he will do better."

Do you expect to say yes it is true I refused their offer because it didnt meet my wage demands?

Obviously Tapia has said what he said for a reason and if Pep offered to come on low wages you think they would turn him down because he's not Argentinian?

George_Costanza

You think they would turn him down because he's not Argentinian?

Yes, he won't be an Argentina NT manager because he isn't an Argentinian. Why don't you get this through your thick skull? Tapia can talk shit cuz he isn't running the show, he is just a muppet. These are completely false and idiotic rumors, Pep will not be leaving his cushy Manchester City job to come and manage the seleccion. And why the fuck I'm arguing with you RMU? You are a troll. Nothing to say more, go troll in EV's thread pls.

Messigician

Yes, he won't be an Argentina NT manager because he isn't an Argentinian. Why don't you get this through your thick skull? Tapia can talk shit cuz he isn't running the show, he is just a muppet. These are completely false and idiotic rumors, Pep will not be leaving his cushy Manchester City job to come and manage the seleccion. And why the fuck I'm arguing with you RMU? You are a troll. Nothing to say more, go troll in EV's thread pls.

Jesus you need to take a chill pill. But you're right let's believe your conspiracy they will never hire Pep even if he begs them to come after winning the treble with city and on low wages.

If only Pep spoke Spanish to communicate with the players on wait he does. But but hes not Argentinian so he will never be hired

BerkeleyBernie

Just watched the "highlights" of Chile vs Costa Rica- jeez louise! Looked like a 90-minute free-for-all melee heaving in crosses into a cement mixer box at either end of the pitch.

Home of Barca Fans