Friendlies

barcanuck

Spain: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Ramos, San José, Carvajal, Koke, Busquets, Cesc, Cazorla, Raúl García, Diego Costa

France: Lloris; Debuchy, Varane, Sakho, Evra; Pogba, Matuidi, Sissoko; Valbuena, Benzema, Griezmann.

Phew thank goodness we have a rested Pedro :)

Frodo_FCB

Germany wasn't so mighty, as most people think...The final was 50-50 and maybe Argentina had better chances for goal..2010 Spain would have crashed Germany any day..

Trickykid

Man, a Xavi & Iniesta-less Spain side is such a sad Spain side. :(

They've really been reduced to a side with, aside from Busi jazzing up the place somewhat, some good - or even great - but not fantastic players mingled with a couple of thugs and some players who excel in their club teams, but doesn't really look at home with La Roja. Perhaps they just need time to merge the rest of the golden generation with the new boys, but I doubt it'll be a smooth transition.

...and don't even get me started about The Don deciding to call it quits somewhere down the line.

F

Flavia

They've really been reduced to a side with, aside from Busi jazzing up the place somewhat, some good - or even great - but not fantastic players mingled with a couple of thugs and some players who excel in their club teams, but doesn't really look at home with La Roja. Perhaps they just need time to merge the rest of the golden generation with the new boys, but I doubt it'll be a smooth transition.

...and don't even get me started about The Don deciding to call it quits somewhere down the line.

Spain had no shots on target. VdB should had quit, I think they need fresh ideas.

Maria

I saw a lot of spaniards praising Koke last night, saying that he proved that he can replace Xavi and I asked myself if I was watching the same game. :icon_neutral:

Yep..with players like Cesc, Koke, Raul Garcia and Diego Costa you ask yourself if it wouldn't be better for Spain to play like Atletico from now on.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Spain had no shots on target. VdB should had quit, I think they need fresh ideas.
Either that or VDB needs to somehow reinvent himself... and I can't really see that happening.

I saw a lot of spaniards praising Koke last night, saying that he proved that he can replace Xavi and I asked myself if I was watching the same game. :icon_neutral:

Koke didn't impress me much either. Sure, he had loads of possession and touches, but so did Song at times for us last season. It's another thing entirely to orchestrate the team in a productive way like prime Xavi did. A like for like trade with Xavi involved would end up a downgrade no matter who you replaced him with.

Yep..with players like Cesc, Koke, Raul Garcia and Diego Costa you ask yourself if it wouldn't be better for Spain to play like Atletico from now on.
I doubt VDB could light even half the fire in their bellies that Simeone is capable of.

Home of Barca Fans