Friendlies

Jenks

Russian football is coming on in leaps and bounds. In 10 years they're probably be one of the best sides in Europe.

ShandyFFM

baah imagine spain vs portugal in the wc clash for the second place qualifier ....wow

tristina cronaldo would be mad :D

Banana-Rama

They're not that much better. Pato and Damião are slighty better, but Love is worse.

i am a fan of damiao, i think he'll be a top striker, he should be the main man for brazil in my opinion, i would have pato, welliton, love above fred aswell, at least they have pace, fred/fabiano are too slow...

impeh

Hi, its me..
England: Joe Hart, Glen Johnson, Phil Jagielka, Gary Cahill, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard, Michael Carrick, Theo Walcott, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wayne Rooney, Daniel Sturridge

Ireland: David Forde, Seamus Coleman, John O'Shea, Stephen Kelly, Sean St Ledger, James McCarthy, Glenn Whelan, Jon Walters, Aiden McGeady, Shane Long, Robbie Keane

random friendly :shrug: .. another with brazil at the weekend which will probably get more viewers :p

BarcaGirl

Germany is really scary. Their "B-Team" is absolutely spanking Ecuador, who is 2nd in the South American qualifying table.

impeh

Hi, its me..
England's friendly with Brazil in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday has been suspended over safety issues at the recently renovated Maracana stadium.

A court order on Thursday ruled that the game will not go ahead, but that decision could still be overturned.

The iconic stadium reopened in April after nearly three years of work updating it for the 2014 World Cup.

Banana-Rama

England's friendly with Brazil in Rio de Janeiro on Sunday has been suspended over safety issues at the recently renovated Maracana stadium.

A court order on Thursday ruled that the game will not go ahead, but that decision could still be overturned.

The iconic stadium reopened in April after nearly three years of work updating it for the 2014 World Cup.

How can something like this happen, why arrange a friendly in a stadium when you don't have permission to host events there, what about fans who booked hotels and plane tickets to travel to brazil, and how can the decision be over turned in time, if it is not considered safe for hosting the event today i don't see how that will change in two days from now, unless they bribe some judges to give it the go ahead...

89Norcal

How can something like this happen, why arrange a friendly in a stadium when you don't have permission to host events there, what about fans who booked hotels and plane tickets to travel to brazil, and how can the decision be over turned in time, if it is not considered safe for hosting the event today i don't see how that will change in two days from now, unless they bribe some judges to give it the go ahead...

The suspension is apparently regarding some finishing touches like stadium seating installation and pavement which would benefit from having a few extra days. There's red tape about holding an event at a venue that doesn't meet minimum requirements, the Brazilian football authorities could be fined £650,000.

Banana-Rama

The suspension is apparently regarding some finishing touches like stadium seating installation and pavement which would benefit from having a few extra days. There's red tape about holding an event at a venue that doesn't meet minimum requirements, the Brazilian football authorities could be fined £650,000.

they need a few more days for finishing touches? this fixture has been on there calendar for months :facepalm:

89Norcal

they need a few more days for finishing touches? this fixture has been on there calendar for months :facepalm:

The Maracana was 4 months behind schedule. World Cup preparations as a whole have been lagging behind from what I've read; including infrastructure but supposedly they are making some leaps lately in terms of progress.

But like I mentioned they are dealing with red-tape and FA/city codes here. Violating them even slightly is still violation in the governments eyes and would result in hefty fines.

Home of Barca Fans