Tito: "I know how we have to play against Getafe"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
After international break, FC Barcelona return to La Liga action this Saturday. Opponent is Getafe, a tough side that has beaten Barca last season.

A05.v1347626850.jpg

“Getafe has always been a tough ground for us. Last year they sat back and defended. I just watched the game again and we weren’t comfortable with it. Their players play very tight together. I know exactly how we have to play against them”.

Tito on internationals

“We’re lucky enough to have the best players in the world and that’s why we have to let them go. So they get injured? That could happen here too. It happens to any players at big clubs. It’s normal for people to want to play for their country, it’s a privilege”.

On injury problems

“It changes things a bit. It doesn’t just affect the starting eleven, but also possible changes in the second half … There’s nothing we can do about it, but the best way to beat the FIFA Virus is by beating Getafe”.

On Thiago, Villa, Fabregas and Puyol

"Thiago been training very well over the last few weeks and is in good shape,”
"Villa can play more than 45 minutes, he’s getting better every day”.
"Cesc Fàbregas is a top level player that would be in the first eleven of any team in the world”.
"Puyol, feels confident with the protection and is ready to play”.

Final thoughts

“The objective is to worry about each game … It’s no use looking further ahead. The most important game right now is against Getafe. It’s a difficult ground, against a team that not so long ago beat Madrid, and we know all about the difficulties we’ll face … The most important thing is that we’ve got nine points … It’s still early, and there are a lot of points left to play for and the gap is still small. The time will come when we’ll be able to think ahead, but it’s not this time”.

Tomchin

“Getafe has always been a tough ground for us. Last year they sat back and defended. I just watched the game again and we weren’t comfortable with it. Their players play very tight together. I know exactly how we have to play against them”.
Any ideas which specific gameplan he has in mind?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I was also surprised to see him making such a bold statement.
Who knows, maybe double pivot with Song-Busquets?

stewart77

Is it just me, or is anyone else concerned with the way the manager has rotated the team, even last year I think the rotation was a huge factor in us not winning the league. Already this season we've seen different starting line-ups and the players aren't getting a chance to get into their rhythm. What's everyone's thoughts on this?

MagIX

I was also surprised to see him making such a bold statement.
Who knows, maybe double pivot with Song-Busquets?

It is what I was hoping that Tito did, some new tactics.
After 4 years we play the same way we have become too predictable, all our opponent knows us by heart.
A double pivot is for us tactically an interesting variant. That doesent mean that we will play always in this way, but sometime we have to introduce something new in our game to not make us so predictable.
I hope that this year there will be tactic variations (depending on how our opponents play).

JimmyGuitarist

It is what I was hoping that Tito did, some new tactics.
After 4 years we play the same way we have become too predictable, all our opponent knows us by heart.
A double pivot is for us tactically an interesting variant. That doesent mean that we will play always in this way, but sometime we have to introduce something new in our game to not make us so predictable.
I hope that this year there will be tactic variations (depending on how our opponents play).
Oh my christ, everyone on this forum wants a double pivot. It's just ruins the whole science of our play with 2 in that zone.
I can see us using Song & Busquets at the same time, but not in a double pivot.

Home of Barca Fans