Abidal could return in December

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
According to the doctor who carried his operation, FC Barcelona left back and French international Eric Abidal, who is recovering from liver transplant surgery, is on track to return to action in December.

1346968150911.jpg

A month ago, Abidal started working in the gym and had set his sights on a return to action by the end of the year.

"There is no objective reason for him not to return. If he says he will be back in December, the road is clear," doctor Juan Carlos Garcia-Valdecasa said during an interview published Friday in Barcelona-based sports daily Sport.

"The way things are going now, he is going to have few medical problems. We can't predict the future but it is going very well," he added.

Ursegor

World Champion
He shouldn't play professional football at all. He doesn't have a point to prove. He'll be 33 next week as well. Returning after 1 year without football at that age after such a serious operation? Naaah.

impeh

Hi, its me..
would be nice to see him make an appearance, but as Ursegor said.. playing full time probably isnt a good idea.

But hey, im not a doctor.

abidal :worthy:

Pitbull2k4

would be nice to see him make an appearance, but as Ursegor said.. playing full time probably isnt a good idea.

But hey, im not a doctor.

abidal :worthy:

If he wants to play and the doctors okay it I don't see why not. He's so strong and dedicated that if anyone in the world can come back from a liver transplant it's him. Who else in football does this

Abidal :worthy:

Arachnid

Won't he be taking medication to combat organ rejection for the rest of his life? That's supposed to leave you really weak.

Jadentheman

He has good intentions but Abidal should really retire before something worse happens to him. Then again I could be proven wrong. Lots of people have came back despite their odds in regards to health.

cloned warrior

He shouldn't play professional football at all. He doesn't have a point to prove. He'll be 33 next week as well. Returning after 1 year without football at that age after such a serious operation? Naaah.

He has good intentions but Abidal should really retire before something worse happens to him

exactly!! i want him to get recovered as quickly as possible and take some management position at our club!! cant risk his health!! he is already a warrior and a winner!!! :worthy:

Pitbull2k4

Since when does dangerous mean you shouldn't do it? Isn't that exactly what warriors and winners do, fight back despite the dangers? :)

PearLBLacK

Banned
If he comes back, you'll have too much competition for one spot. Adriano can play on the wing as well, but you already have too much forwards. And, as seen in the SuperCup, he sucks at RB. Rotation is good, but too much of it equals less minutes to the third-choice, whoever that becomes. Another Cesc dilemma?

Anyways, good luck to Eric.

Home of Barca Fans