Cesc: "I want to retire at Barca"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas has dismissed reports suggesting he wants to leave FC Barcelona, insisting he wants to finish his career at the Nou Camp.

Cesc-Fabregas_2.jpg

Spanish international, who joined the Catalan last summer, revealed earlier this week that he was frustrated with not being a regular starter - he has yet to complete a full 90 minutes this season - but he believes now is the time to prove himself.

"This whole situation is exaggerated," he told Spanish station Catalunya Radio. "I'm happy, I wanted to be here for many years.

"Current I am very calm. I knew that moments like this would come. I warned my family and my friends that this was coming. Right now, with the pressure on, is where you prove things.

"I want to retire at the Camp Nou. Every effort I made - I did not come back here for a year or two but for a long football career here."

G

Giannino

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Why is everybody hating on Cesc? Of course he's going to retire at the Camp Nou, where else?

Stric

I have never witnessed such Cesc hate anywhere until I joined this forum. One would expect Cules to support their own.

JackSparrow

I am surprised at the amount of Cesc hate as well. Is this just on this forum or also in Barcelona?
I know he is not Xavi or Iniesta.. and I never expected him to be at that level.. but he provides dept and a quality sub and is doing a good job. After all he was the second scorer of the team last season and is not even a striker!
Also I noticed that Barca has the most chances when he is on the field... They just need to improve their efectivness.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Maybe the hate is bc he Left Barça when we were at a pretty low point and now comes back after we are good again and expects to play when he has been pretty poor since about Feb of last season.

Stric

I am surprised at the amount of Cesc hate as well. Is this just on this forum or also in Barcelona?

Well, considering what's being said around here, I can imagine some other Barca supporters might feel the same, but I have never witnessed any of them publicly bashing Cesc anywhere else but here. And we all know what, for example, YouTube comment boxes can look like.

Also I noticed that Barca has the most chances when he is on the field... They just need to improve their efectivness.

I agree 100%. He adds a lot to the attack.

Stric

Maybe the hate is bc he Left Barça when we were at a pretty low point and now comes back after we are good again and expects to play when he has been pretty poor since about Feb of last season.

I can understand the second part, but the first part has nothing to do with it. He left when he was sixteen. It's not as if anyone was counting on him to help the team or whatever. And he wasn't that good back then, either. I could imagine someone resenting him for leaving the club when it was at a low point, if he was a world-class player in his prime at the time. But he wasn't. And I think, apart from that clumsy statement which has been completely taken out of context, Cesc has had a pretty good attitude and has waited calmly for his minutes. Everyone's acting like he's criticizing Tito for not giving him enough minutes.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Some people have are fanboys for some foreigners and Spaniards at Barca but when it comes to a Catalan player who took a pay cut to return here and who was handpicked by Pep, they turn into blind haters.

Home of Barca Fans