Cesc: "I want to retire at Barca"

Stric

And there's nothing wrong with him being a sub for the time being either. As long as he can take it. So far he's started in 3 out of 3 La Liga games, that's a pretty good for a sub. Xavi is 32, Cesc is 25. As long as he makes it through, there'll come a day when he won't have as much competition and he will have a greatly important role in Barcelona. He is a world class player. And besides, there's plenty of time and room for him to improve his game and adapt, if the game needs him to. Xavi started out as a DM, look at him now.

Perceptor

I've been following Cesc since he left for Arsenal as I follow the Prem. I'm glad he's staying, but never thought he'd leave. He knew he would be struggling for minutes with the midfield we have so maybe his quotes were taken out of context. It's true he really tailed off at the end of last season, but he's a class player and along with Thiago, the future of the midfield when Xavi and Iniesta are done. He left when he was 16 because Arsenal would give him the opportunity that he likely wouldn't have had if he stayed with us. Anyhow, it looks like he's starting to get his form back and I for one am happy. I'm a big fan of Cesc and hopeful that he will be in good form and help us reclaim La Liga and the UCL

Home of Barca Fans