Barca revenue to drop

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca Director Toni Freixa said today that the club expects revenues of 470 million euros and expenditures of 427.9 million euros for the 2012/13 season. Making it 36 million surplus.

2012-09-04_FREIXA_07.v1346758356.JPG

Last year, the Club closed out the 2011/12 fiscal year with a record-breaking 48.8 million euro surplus.

Voting on new stadium

The Board of Directors will present its strategic plan for the upcoming seasons during the Assembly, and delegate members will get the chance to vote, via referendum, on the Camp Nou’s rebuilding project. “We want delegate members to authorize us to hold a referendum. We are not calling for a referendum. In the end, if delegate members give us the authorization, we want all Club members to have a voice in the matter,” said Freixa.

(fcbarcelona.com)

--------------

I understand surplus to drop as they probably make predictions with bonuses we'd have to pay. Last season we saved there as we didn't win La Liga nor CL.

As for the revenue.. I don't have the records but I don't remember Barca revenues dropping in last 10 years.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Revnues didn't drop, right? They said they expected the profits to drop...
Anyway, I assume this is, just like last season, including paying off debt. As long as we pay off debt around 40-50 million a year it is fine by me. That is still one of the most important things to do by the board.

On the Camp Nou vote; I'd rather have a renovation than building an entire new stadium. But IF we move to a new stadium, let it have all. Restaurants, stores, suites(hotel stuff) etc. Making as much as possible from a new place should be the goal, so that we will have the nr 1 stadium in Europe.

But then again, we already have... :hooray:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Also, not reported here.. But Freixa is an idiot. He just had to jump and mock Ronaldo and Madrid saying "everyone from players to staff is happy in Barcelona". It's bad manners to talk that way and disrespectful towards our players. Being condescending that way is what he probably learned from his supremo, Sandro.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Also, not reported here.. But Freixa is an idiot. He just had to jump and mock Ronaldo and Madrid saying "everyone from players to staff is happy in Barcelona". It's bad manners to talk that way and disrespectful towards our players. Being condescending that way is what he probably learned from his supremo, Sandro.

how is the Cristiano Ronaldo thread title any different? :lol:

Stric

how is the Cristiano Ronaldo thread title any different? :lol:

It's different because this is an irrelevant supporters' forum and no one outside of it has anything to do with the thread title and couldn't care less. Freixa's statement, on the other hand, is coming from a Barcelona official and will be recorded and published worldwide. You can't expect forum manners to be the same as those of club directors.

Tomchin

Apparently the surplus for last year was estimated to be 21m, but in the end it turned out to be a lot higher (48m), probably because they didnt have to pay a lot of prize-money. This year the estimate it to be 36m, maybe it will be 63m at the end of the season (let's hope not ;))

Where did you read that our revenue was 495m last year? I had read the catalan article, but i didnt immediately see something mentioned about a drop in revenue there.

oz187

Revenue predictions are based on reaching the quarter finals of the champions league. There is a decent chance that revenue will be higher than the 470M predicted, perhaps even higher than the 495M last year depending on how well the team do.

Tomchin

P

PhilS

That's a ton of revenue, even if projected to be down 5% from last year. This allows the team to have world class depth, they can pay mega salaries well beyond the first 11. I hope the young players are getting their share, there are Barca B players who are top-league starting quality right now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, but that 495m number is the final revenue that we ended up with last year, not the one that that they had estimated in the beginning of the season. So for this season, the eventual revenue could still be a lot higher than that predicted 470m number too.

You are right. Last year they predicted 460 million and they said it would fall in comparison to 2010/2011.

Home of Barca Fans