Karim Benzema

maz

I walk the line
Lyon dont need to sell though, thats the difference. Or rather, lyon would sell the same player as ajax for a much higher price.

If u want a player from lyon, be prepared to pay big.

maz

I walk the line
Majority of you are estimating his talent based on his performance against us. I doubt that you eagerly watch the First French division just to observe him. I'm not saying that some of you don't watch it... but back to my point. Some of you say that he is overrated; it would be the same thing one could have said for Torres while in Atletico. Benzema is still evolving and has plenty of time to reach his climax. Maybe this season hasn't been his best, but just because of that it's pointless to state that he is overrated.
No i have been watching him for many seasons now. Maybe 3 seasons. He hasnt performed well in internationals, but for his club both domestically and in europe he has been very good. He has a hell of alot of talent and i havent seen that much raw talent in a player since..well..i wont say which player. But its been a long time!

Warik

Lyon dont need to sell though, thats the difference. Or rather, lyon would sell the same player as ajax for a much higher price.

If u want a player from lyon, be prepared to pay big.

Ajax don't really need to sell, remember not 18 months before they had sold Babel and Sneijder so it isn't like they were short on cash. The difference between Lyon and Ajax is Ajax are realistic with the amounts they demand, Aulas is anything but realistic.

barSELOna

Shit , How could you compare Benzema and Huntelaar ?
Benzema is the best talented player , he was very good last two season and this season he is still good

maz

I walk the line
Huntelaar is a quality player..there is no doubting that. Its not about fcb vs madrid.

kiki#8

Benzema is better than Hunter. Benzema can make himself a chance for a goal, Hunter depends on his teamates.

Warik

Huntelaar is a quality player..there is no doubting that. Its not about fcb vs madrid.

Bingo. All the doubts about Huntelaar should of evaporated by now. The only doubts people had about Hunter were whether he could score in a bigger league, he has proved he can...and alot. Hunter lacks pace but his ability to read the game makes up for it. As Cruyff said "Speed is often confused with insight. When I start running earlier than the others, I appear faster."

I have never seen Benzema make his own chance. So that just sounds like words said to discredit a player playing for Madrid tbh. I would put a bet that you could put Huntelaar in AFC Wimbledons team and he would still score 25-30 goals a season, I couldn't say the same about Benzema, yet...

maz

I walk the line
I didnt doubt huntelaar that much. The thing i doubt is whether he could play a role in a mobile 4-3-3. He seems to be quite fluid in madrid's system, but our system relies on the cf to defend from the front, to drop back and act as a playmaker, and perhaps even play out wide for a few minutes to spice things up. I have seen benzema show that he can do at least the first two of those. He has also popped up out wide on several occasions and caused problems to defenders.

As for benzema making his own chance..what do u mean by that? Do u mean he relies heavily on the players behind him? If thats the case then i disagree. Ok he has very good movement so it makes sense to take advantage of that and feed him balls to score with, but ive also seen him score lots of individual goals. And im talking very stunning individual goals.

maz

I walk the line
First was a really good goal. Tight angle and managed to squeeze it in at the far post. Second was just a poacher's goal after the keeper spilled it.

Home of Barca Fans