Karim Benzema

barSELOna

Karim%20Benzema.jpg

Txiki said:
"We've tried to sign him several times but it's never been possible. We tried this summer, but he wanted to stay at Lyon. In the end it will be his decision. We have excellent relations with both him and his club and we'll definitely keep in contact so that he knows we want him, and that he wants to come to us."

Txiki said:
I think Benzema would be an excellent addition to the squad. He is young and hungry, he scores with both feet, is very quick and is also good in the air

barSELOna

? wanna see him at Barcelona so much and im sure that it will be but not to be easy.Anyway it cant be easy cuzz a lot of teams are following him.

Benzema wanted to stay at lyon one more season .I think its a good decision but he cant stay there one more season.

barSELOna

Benzema said:
Next Year I'll Go To Barça Or Madrid
Karim Benzema has stated that he will join Barcelona or Real Madrid next summer after deciding to leave Olympique Lyonnais in a move that will disappoint Manchester United.

The French prodigy has interested many of Europe's top clubs, but he has now revealed that he will be heading to la Primera next term and has invited the two biggest clubs to vie for his signature.

Barça have repeatedly shown an interest in Benzema, while Madrid were linked with him before they embarked on their quest to prise Cristiano Ronaldo from Old Trafford.

In an interview on French television, the 20-year-old revealed that he was ready to leave his boyhood club and his family home in Lyon to play for the Blaugrana or Los Merengues.

"My future? I like Spain. Next year I will play for Barça or Madrid," he told France 2's Stade 2 programme.

United have been following Benzema's progress and Sir Alex Ferguson was said to have been interested in signing him before turning to Dimitar Berbatov this year.

Lyon may allow him to leave the club, but it will be on their own terms and they believed to be only prepared to listen to offers that could break the record transfer fee having quoted €100 million earlier this year.

One criticism of Benzema is that he is not yet ready to step up and become a star at one of Europe's biggest clubs, but the player himself thinks that is unfair.

"Some people have said I cannot play at the highest level. How ridiculous. I have a lot to learn and am still growing. I am only 20 and am working hard to improve all the time," he countered.

Zinedine Zidane moved to Juve at 24 and Thierry Henry was 22 when he went to Italy and questions are being asked if Benzema is being forced out of French football too early.

Lucas Brown, Goal.com

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Set up the goal and scored one himself yesterday. I really like this guy.
Not quite sure how would he look out wide on the wing.

barSELOna

Everbody knows I like him so much. He is a great player. He will be perfect. And im sure this management will try to get him. When season finishes sell Henry and get Benzema !

E

edox

I had some doubts in him but match from last night showed that he has great potential and could become top class striker soon. Lyon played against great German side, who are very organized and strong and I think Benzema had a good match. Under Guardiola and our squad I think this guy could become beast, only problem is we already have one of best strikers in the world and Bojan. We made huge error not buying players like Ribery and I hope we won't make those mistakes again so I think we should go for him in summer, but they can forget those 40 or 50 mil. his prize is max 25/30 mil.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He did look good vs. Bayern. So far he has 15 goals on his tally in major competitions (French League and CL).

barSELOna

I Want To Play For Real Madrid - Benzema

Lyon starlet, Karim Benzema, has given the surest sign yet about where he will be playing his football next season. He's stated that he promised his mother he would play for Real Madrid, and that is what he wants to do...

With Klaas-Jan Huntelaar joining Real Madrid this winter, rumours have already circulated that this might effectively put the defending La Liga champions out of the race to sign Karim Benzema.

However, the young French international still seems intent on leaving Lyon for the Spanish capital, as he revealed to Le Buteur today.

"It is my hidden dream in sport and it is a dream that is coming closer little by little," he declared.

"I like the white kit, the stadium, the atmosphere that exists around the Bernabéu...I promised my mother that one day I would play for Real Madrid, and I want that to come true."

Benzema has already become a hit in France, despite his young age (he turns 21 in four days' time), and it seems almost certain now that he will move on next summer.

However, the main stumbling block to any move could be Lyon president, Jean Michel Aulas, who stated a few months ago that whoever signed him would have to pay 'more than €100 million.'

The French international made his debut for Lyon back in 2004, and this campaign he has already scored nine goals in 16 matches as Les Gones bid for an eighth straight league title.

Can anyone tell me if this is true news ?
He said he wanted to play for Barca before

Home of Barca Fans