User Tag List

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,261 to 1,265 of 1265

Thread: Karim Benzema

  1. #1261
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's not seen as a striker by the backroom really. Statistically to them he is a shittier version of Raul who scored in less than half his games, but made up for it with leadership. Benzema is nothing like that in terms of legend and captain status, but has that natural knack for interplay.

    While Floro may get bored of him at some point and continue to pursue Kane or Mbappe, it's difficult to assume anybody will come to replace him directly. Most likely scenario seems to be Mariano comeback for 40M from Lyon to be rotting as #2 option. No other striker will be wiling to come to Madrid given Cristiano-Benzema partnership is seemingly impossible to break up for at least another year. They both signed contracts until 2021. Ridiculous situation and nothing will change unless both the president and the manager stop feeling like they owe something to this team and start refreshing the frontline.
    Last edited by Wolfe; Today at 12:22 PM.
    People are boring.

  2. #1262
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    10,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    He's not seen as a striker by the backroom really. Statistically to them he is a shittier version of Raul who scored in less than half his games, but made up for it with leadership. Benzema is nothing like that in terms of legend and captain status, but has that natural knack for interplay.

    While Floro may get bored of him at some point and continue to pursue Kane or Mbappe, it's difficult to assume anybody will come to replace him directly. Most likely scenario seems to be Mariano comeback for 40M from Lyon to be rotting as #2 option. No other striker will be wiling to come to Madrid given Cristiano-Benzema partnership is seemingly impossible to break up for at least another year. They both signed contracts until 2021. Ridiculous situation and nothing will change unless both the president and the manager stop feeling like they owe something to this team and start refreshing the frontline.
    If you guys fail to win the Champions League, some massive chances will happen. Benzema will be gone, and maybe Ronaldo too. Maybe you sell Benzema, bring in Hazard, and just stick Ronaldo as a 9, with Hazard in his place on the left.

  3. #1263
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    If you guys fail to win the Champions League, some massive chances will happen. Benzema will be gone, and maybe Ronaldo too. Maybe you sell Benzema, bring in Hazard, and just stick Ronaldo as a 9, with Hazard in his place on the left.
    Logic would suggest changes, yes. Not sure if going deep in the CL, even without winning it, would be enough to make them hesitant. Zidane seemed set on wanting another striker TBF, so was Jose Angel Sanchez. Mbappe didn't happen, because of hierarchy, but door doesn't seem completely closed yet and I fully expect the saga to be back this summer. Don't know to what end.

    Benz isn't a terrible player, but at this level he's no better than mid-table level. Only reason he's here is that weird attachment to them by the backroom.
    People are boring.

  4. #1264
    Senior Member
    serghei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bucharest
    Posts
    10,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    Logic would suggest changes, yes. Not sure if going deep in the CL, even without winning it, would be enough to make them hesitant. Zidane seemed set on wanting another striker TBF, so was Jose Angel Sanchez. Mbappe didn't happen, because of hierarchy, but door doesn't seem completely closed yet and I fully expect the saga to be back this summer. Don't know to what end.

    Benz isn't a terrible player, but at this level he's no better than mid-table level. Only reason he's here is that weird attachment to them by the backroom.
    I think Zidane has Benzema's back so he's not going to drop him while he is in Madrid. But if Zidane is gone, so is Benzema I feel.

  5. #1265
    Villarato!
    Wolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,631
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    I think Zidane has Benzema's back so he's not going to drop him while he is in Madrid. But if Zidane is gone, so is Benzema I feel.
    He only does as long as he doesn't have a better option it seems, otherwise he wouldn't ask for strikers. Morata was no solution, he's too pussy, it becomes clearer and clearer with each week in Chelsea where most of his existence consists of whinging. Sure there is some national attachment, but if he had Lewandowski or so at his disposal, it'd be hard to not make Benz a benchwarmer. Something he wouldn't take mentally at this stage. There just needs to be someone who can do his job AND THEN SOME, which many are capable of, but would rather not start doing it from the bench.
    People are boring.

Tags for this Thread