Page 105 of 108 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1612

Thread: Karim Benzema

I find Zlatan heavily overrated myself. Impresses by scoring absolute golazos vs minnows, but when the going gets tough he goes missing.
    Last edited by serghei; 7th August 2020 at 05:06 PM.

For me Lewa is overrated, his prime years he played in a farmer league for the best club. Don't think he would have had those stats if he played in a stronger league. Suarez proved that he can score goals in the 2 best leagues, also in EPL he was carrying L'pool by himself, almost wining the league.

Suarez is this generations best 9, he is in a league of his own. Bellow him are Benz, Lewa and Aguero. After them come Higuain, Cavani, Falcao.

About Zlatan, its hard to decide where to put him, he should be compared to the previous generation of strikers, alongside Villa, Eto'o, Drogba, Forlan, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    For me Lewa is overrated, his prime years he played in a farmer league for the best club. Don't think he would have had those stats if he played in a stronger league. Suarez proved that he can score goals in the 2 best leagues, also in EPL he was carrying L'pool by himself, almost wining the league.

Suarez is this generations best 9, he is in a league of his own. Bellow him are Benz, Lewa and Aguero. After them come Higuain, Cavani, Falcao.

About Zlatan, its hard to decide where to put him, he should be compared to the previous generation of strikers, alongside Villa, Eto'o, Drogba, Forlan, etc.
    I'd put Zlatan in the top 5 but always outside of the top 3 at the time. He was at the top for the longest time, but never really cream of the crop.

Prime Suarez was something else.

This generation's best 9 imo.

The Legend of Zlatan, he got GOAT persona. pick of the crop cherry on top

About the clutch thing, got really unlucky at the CL. Had he won it though, we'd never hear the end of it haha blessed

Quote Originally Posted by serghei View Post
    Suarez is above Benzema because of his incredible peak level. But Aguero over Benzema? No way. Lewandowski not over him as well, more about equal.

Suarez
    Benzema=Lewandowski
    Aguero.

Not much difference between the first 3, with Aguero behind all because of his rather anonymous showings in CL.
    I don't know if this bloke is trolling or what, but here he goes again putting Benzema in the same conversation as the likes Suarez, Lewandowski etc.

No matter if you're speaking about current Benzema or peak Benzema neither version is good enough to be the best player of prolific attacking trio. Nice complementary player.

Lewa and Suarez had the level to be talisman for serious CL contending sides.

In the line of what Zidane said, those who think Benzema is not one of the best forwards of his generation understand little about football.

Forum D'Amigos Tactical Unit - BBZ Containment Office
    I'll still take Eto'o over anyone of these lads.

I need a striker who is money when it matters.

Villarato!

In the line of what Zidane said, those who think Benzema is not one of the best forwards of his generation understand little about football.
    What other things that Zidane says do you take without question?
    People are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post

different generations mate. as someone else was mentioning above - etoo, villa, torres, zlatan etc
    Last edited by malvolio; 7th August 2020 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingLeo10 View Post

No doubt, Eto'o was the best striker of mid to late 00's.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    What other things that Zidane says do you take without question?
    Who said I take it without question? I've always liked Benzema. World class player for almost a decade.

Villarato!
    Who said I take it without question? I've always liked Benzema. World class player for almost a decade.
    Not really addressing the crux of the matter. Using appeal to authority to reinforce the point that you can't successfully argue yourself. Well done lad.
    People are boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post

Suarez declined (is declining) far quicker then Lewa (or Zlatan), Lewa at age 31 is as good as he has ever been, Suarez has been declining since age 29/30.

Looks like he will play every single game again(unless injuries happens).

Barca B legend.

Taking advantage of the interview, the central explained an anecdote of the match with Karim Benzema as the protagonist. At one point during the meeting, the Cadista defender asked the Frenchman what perfume he used, something that has made him a ?trending topic? on Twitter.

?Benzema looked at me when I told him what perfume I used. Man, if I asked him, you don't know how good that guy smelled (laughs). What did he tell me? He looked at me like saying this is silly. Jovic, after the game, smelled the same ?, commented between Riasas Fali.
    https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...-usas-tio.html