Karim Benzema

Galning

We'll see how it pans out. From a footballing perspective it would've been a no-brainer to select Benzema but from a teammanagement point of view? I don't think it has anything to do with race. Just an easy excuse to play the race card in Benzema's defence. Half the French team has a non-French background.

Comments on the French articles I've seen are mostly filled with people getting angry over his non-selection by the way. Wouldn't be too sure the French are happy about this decision. Most football fans couldn't give two shits about his off the field antics, just want to win the Euros in their homecountry.

Most of the team is on Benz's side though. Not trying to be racist or anything but most of the team grew up similar to Benz and have some shady friends as well. I don't see this being a huge issue amonst the team.

The French people on the other hand are thrilled. There are always headlines complaining about the lack of white Frenchmen on the team.

what the fuck ? :lol:
some examples please ?

The french being angry at the NT has nothing to do with lack of white players, lol.

El Flaco

At this moment, Benz has scored 22 goals in La Liga this season (same numbers as Messi). It's really impressive considering Messi usually takes free kicks and penalties. I'd be quite interesting to know how many goals Benz would've reached this season if it wasn't for injuries. Luis Suárez has scored 4 goals more than Benz, even though the Uruguayan has played 29 matches compared to Benzema's 23 matches.

Last edited:

CuleLife4Life

At this moment, Benz has scored 22 goals in La Liga this season (same numbers as Messi). It's really impressive considering Messi usually takes free kicks and penalties. I'd be quite interesting to know how many goals Benz would've reached this season if it wasn't for injuries. Luis Suárez has scored 4 goals more than Benz, even though the Uruguayan has played 29 matches compared to Benzema's 23 matches.

Just imagine if he didn't have to play with Cristiano. You can always see Benzema hesitating in front of goal because he knows CR will get mad if he shoots.

Morten

Just imagine if he didn't have to play with Cristiano. You can always see Benzema hesitating in front of goal because he knows CR will get mad if he shoots.

I dont get that assessment. CR has his flaws that gets exposed at times, but why would you think Benzema would do any better if he played along some scrub, instead one of the best forwards? I think he benefits alot playing along side with Ronaldo, just as Ronaldo also benefits from playing with Benz.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans