Karim Benzema

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He's always been vital for you guys, but still ends up being underrated, so I hope you sell him.

That's what people think but Perez has 2 favorites, Bale and Benzema. He personally went to Benzema's house in France to persuade him into joining RM. He doesn't feel like Ronaldo is his transfer(left-over from the previous president) etc. Here is the full story if anybody is interested:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-florentino-perez-never-wanted-at-real-madrid

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That's what people think but Perez has 2 favorites, Bale and Benzema. He personally went to Benzema's house in France to persuade him into joining RM. He doesn't feel like Ronaldo is his transfer(left-over from the previous president) etc. Here is the full story if anybody is interested:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-florentino-perez-never-wanted-at-real-madrid

I know and that's the only reason he's still there at you guys and not gone for a Galactico like Aguero or someone else in that mould.

CuleLife4Life

Benzema would be an absolute beast if he were on another team as #1 player. Plus doesn't he have some confidence issues as well? Maybe thats why he is ok to play 2nd fiddle to CR.

Madrid/Perez have tried hard to get new galactico strikers after they purchased Benz though. He wasn't cutting it until a few yrs ago. They wanted Aguero in 2011, Lewa in 2012, Falcao 2013, and then Falcao again in 2014. He just finally become the player they/those who followed him at Lyon have wanted him to be.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Benzema would be an absolute beast if he were on another team as #1 player. Plus doesn't he have some confidence issues as well? Maybe thats why he is ok to play 2nd fiddle to CR.

Madrid/Perez have tried hard to get new galactico strikers after they purchased Benz though. He wasn't cutting it until a few yrs ago. They wanted Aguero in 2011, Lewa in 2012, Falcao 2013, and then Falcao again in 2014. He just finally become the player they/those who followed him at Lyon have wanted him to be.

You honestly think that a club as big as RM would fail to bring in so many players every year? It's a fact that Benzema is Flo's favorite,he's like his son. He sold every other striker except him and didn't go for a Galactico.

MaxY

Devil May Cry

I don't believe in that ,the classic cliche that Benzema would be a beast if he was the team's #1 player. He usually cracks under pressure,having Ronaldo and Bale is really good for him. Expectations from him aren't that high so he can easily outperform by scoring and assisting.

Morten

I don't believe in that ,the classic cliche that Benzema would be a beast if he was the team's #1 player. He usually cracks under pressure,having Ronaldo and Bale is really good for him. Expectations from him aren't that high so he can easily outperform by scoring and assisting.

He cracks under pressure from time to time, as do most. But he has made the difference in bigger games quite a few times, he is more of a big game player than the opposite imo. Anyway, i think Benzema thrive in the role he currently has, not sure if he would be better as main man or not.

Barcafan 2304

Linked with Arsenal on bbc gossip again. Don't see rm selling him to be fair particularly if they sell Ronaldo at the end of the season

Morten

Said to have been displeased with being subbed, Benitez later said that Benzema is a great player, but was subbed for defensive reasons. Thts just a great mentality to have as a manager in a top club, isnt it? players grew tired with Mouinhos defensive approach as well, cant see benitez lasting long if he wants to do bus-parking. Wrong club.

xXKonan

Said to have been displeased with being subbed, Benitez later said that Benzema is a great player, but was subbed for defensive reasons. Thts just a great mentality to have as a manager in a top club, isnt it? players grew tired with Mouinhos defensive approach as well, cant see benitez lasting long if he wants to do bus-parking. Wrong club.
He use to Do it at Liverpool and the other clubs he managed but none of those clubs really have the Expectations like Real Madrid does. I'm actually wondering how long will the Fans and the players start to put up with it,Under Carlo they played some really great Fluid Attacking football in the First Part of 2014/15 before shit hit the fan.

It's Jarring to go from that to Bentiez's System which Puts Defensive Duties over attacking, I mean it works if you want to Grind out Results but it can backfire as well.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Benzema and Bale are practically sons to Perez,as long as Perez is here they ain't going nowhere. People need to get that into their heads.

Home of Barca Fans