Karim Benzema

barSELOna

?m not sure about Eto'o, he is really ok now but we all know that etoo's character is different, remember what did he say before the season? And which barca striker became over the 28 ?

G.J

V.H. 4 life
Eto'o is refusing to discuss his contract until the end of the season when there will be only 1 year remaining. This shows an indication of him wanting to keep his options open. With one year left the big clubs we'll be looking to get him at a reasonable price. So we either renew his contract at his own demands(higher salary) or sell him to the highest bidder and cut our losses. TBH I wont be blaming him much for protecting his own interest especially after what happened last summer(dont think he trust "Cheeky" anymore). All I care about is him giving 100% to the club till June, and then we'll see what happens.

maz

I walk the line
G.J said:
Eto'o is refusing to discuss his contract until the end of the season when there will be only 1 year remaining. This shows an indication of him wanting to keep his options open. With one year left the big clubs we'll be looking to get him at a reasonable price. So we either renew his contract at his own demands(higher salary) or sell him to the highest bidder and cut our losses. TBH I wont be blaming him much for protecting his own interest especially after what happened last summer(dont think he trust "Cheeky" anymore). All I care about is him giving 100% to the club till June, and then we'll see what happens.

I agree...i have no problem with him keeping his options open. I mean..at the end of the day he is a footballer who wants to win things. He has proven that he isnt a mercenary, and has given more to fcb than we could have ever asked for. I would love for him to stay for a few more seasons, but we all know he is going to start losing his pace and tieing him down to, say, a 4 year contract probably wouldnt suit either party. But would he want to sign a year extension? I dont know...

However u said "or sell him to the highest bidder and cut our losses". I wouldnt agree that by selling him we are cutting our losses. He isnt in the same situation ronnie was. He is on the top of his game...its just about whether we act quickly and assume he will start to decline once he leaves the club.

This club has always proven that we dont sell players for money. We sell them because they have reached their peak and are on the way down. There could be a great danger of sellin sammy too soon.

edit: lol i just realised its u! Welcome to the site man..i been having a look at fcbweb and theres been like 5 active topics in the last 3 days. Here we've had about 20 active topics in the same time.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
maz said:
G.J said:

I agree...i have no problem with him keeping his options open. I mean..at the end of the day he is a footballer who wants to win things. He has proven that he isnt a mercenary, and has given more to fcb than we could have ever asked for. I would love for him to stay for a few more seasons, but we all know he is going to start losing his pace and tieing him down to, say, a 4 year contract probably wouldnt suit either party. But would he want to sign a year extension? I dont know...

However u said "or sell him to the highest bidder and cut our losses". I wouldnt agree that by selling him we are cutting our losses. He isnt in the same situation ronnie was. He is on the top of his game...its just about whether we act quickly and assume he will start to decline once he leaves the club.

This club has always proven that we dont sell players for money. We sell them because they have reached their peak and are on the way down. There could be a great danger of sellin sammy too soon.

edit: lol i just realised its u! Welcome to the site man..i been having a look at fcbweb and theres been like 5 active topics in the last 3 days. Here we've had about 20 active topics in the same time.

Dont think hes a mercenary by any means, but something tells me he'd want a new challenge next season especially if we win something this year. My bet would be the EPL IF the right offer comes. Those mansions in Mallorca needs maintenance you know :D

P.S Well good for you. I hope it's only onwards and upwards from here. It's just a shame that you left before you can see the day I put Valdes in my MOM list :lol:

hendryrusli

I don't think Joan Laporta is silly enough to let Etoo go to another club. Let's face it, he's playing incredibly well this season and a payrise does not hurt anyone.

M.L. King

The Preacher
I agree, I think no one is thinking about selling Eto'o after the season. He is a born-again striker, shall I use this expression. He found new inspiration, the chemistry is doing wonders, his rapport with the team is much better. I think there is no way he is heading somewhere else.

G.J

V.H. 4 life
It's not about how awsome hes right now, it's more about projecting how he'll play in 2 years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We are a good combination of a team that has experience and young talent. If we base an entire team upon the future projections I think we are facing the Arsenal syndrome.

maz

I walk the line
G.J said:
Dont think hes a mercenary by any means, but something tells me he'd want a new challenge next season especially if we win something this year. My bet would be the EPL IF the right offer comes. Those mansions in Mallorca needs maintenance you know :D
Yeah he likes earning lots of money...but i dont mind because he has always been very charitable with his money. Im sure he will retire in mallorca (his family live there dont they?) but i cant see him moving there in the next few seasons. It will be at 32 or 33. I agree that if he moves anywhere it will be EPL. Probably man city.

G.J said:
P.S Well good for you. I hope it's only onwards and upwards from here. It's just a shame that you left before you can see the day I put Valdes in my MOM list :lol:
Shit. Maybe i should have stayed there. Or maybe u really love VV but u felt u didnt want too many people praising him. But when i left u had to step in and take my place? Maybe... but probably not.

Evil

Shabazz
I dont know about the rest of you, but personally I wouldn't want to have somone who openly said that playing in Madrid is his dream ..

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo
Aguero stated he'll never play for the scum, but maybe that's because they're the closest rivals to his current team? who knows? Even VDV said he dreamt of barcelona, that didn't stop him from joining Madrid.

Home of Barca Fans