Karim Benzema

Vilarrubi

High-risk high-reward!

He might play less for starters, if Zidane's choice to keep Jović is driven by a want to actually use him. The more he's used, the more he scores. The more he scores, the closer he'll be to actively displacing him in more games. The more momentum he gets, the more Big Benz will shit bricks he's got competition on his hands, as he always does in the face of it, without fail.

Call it my wish for 20/21.

I thought Jovic rumoured to be leaving. Monaco interested.

That’s why I said if Benz plays 90% of La Liga he’ll score 15 imo. Let’s see.

Birdy

I will leave this here about Benzema:
https://twitter.com/FTStands_/status/1288156105554579456
EeBw8EyUEAAErRv

It does not show his overall ability, just finishing.
He seems to have been an average finisher this season.
Compare to Vardy for example in the tweet above this one.

El Gato

Villarato!
This is long known, 1-2 months ago similar stats were posted to compare him with Suarez which indicate that this good 2-season period of his only gets him on the level of Suarez when he's relatively garbage by Barcaforum's standards. Yet the forum calls one a waster and hails the other one to heavens without considering the qualities of goals he scores and the type of interplay the latter is involved in - one that most elite strikers do by default.
He's an average finisher that coach settles for due to his senorio and factors beyond actual striker qualities. A #10 in a body of a #9, judged on the basis of playing as #9, ridiculed for regularly showing relative uselessness at things a #9 should be good at and being a counter-productive squad choice for a team full of pass-first characters. Not at all disrespectful to call him what he is - a worse version of Rooney. Madrid deserve better. Instead we're playing catch-up accommodating him as lone striker and buying wingers which kills the chance of transitioning into a setup with 2 upfront. Whatever the club is doing, they're not doing the right things to make Benzema even half as useful as he could be in a diamond or another 2 striker system. And we're not gonna stop buying wingers, because wide players are the fashion in this era. So why bother with him as lone striker? Bin the player that stylistically clearly doesn't fit, instead of bitching that your wingers never known for scoring much don't score, while hailing Benzema for finishing the chances half of Europe's strikers at any footballing level would finish.

Hazard is only going to reach full potential playing with a better finisher who a) has pace to escape defenders regularly, b) can win 1-on-1 duels, c) doesn't stray into his position as much to crowd the LW areas. Vini is best when Benzema is nowhere near, same with Rodrygo. And Benzema only comes near because he's otherwise left marked out the game so he's trying to make himself useful. But some people just won't see that.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I will leave this here about Benzema:
https://twitter.com/FTStands_/status/1288156105554579456
EeBw8EyUEAAErRv

It does not show his overall ability, just finishing.
He seems to have been an average finisher this season.
Compare to Vardy for example in the tweet above this one.

And some people said Benzema had a great goalscoring season yet he failed to outscore his expected goals...

Hazard will bounce back next year but no denying this season for him has been a massive disappointment.

Morten

And some people said Benzema had a great goalscoring season yet he failed to outscore his expected goals...

Hazard will bounce back next year but no denying this season for him has been a massive disappointment.

We`ve been telling you people for months that Benzema is a decent striker, but not anything special, and no matter how much you rip into Suarez, he is still a better goalscorer than Benzema.

serghei

We`ve been telling you people for months that Benzema is a decent striker, but not anything special, and no matter how much you rip into Suarez, he is still a better goalscorer than Benzema.

Benzema is better than Suarez at everything except scoring goals in La Liga. In CL, Benzema is the 4th best goal scorer in the history of the competition.

Decent striker, but not anything special. :lol:

Morten

Benzema is better than Suarez at everything except scoring goals in La Liga. In CL, Benzema is the 4th best goal scorer in the history of the competition.

Decent striker, but not anything special. :lol:

Also better at assisting than Benzema, while we are at it.
And when i say "not anything special", i clearly mean judged against strikers for other top clubs, not compared, to your everyday striker.
Good striker, but not above what is expected at this club, if you prefer.

malvolio

suarez is in contention for best striker of his generation. it's between him, aguero or lewandowski. benzema is below that trio.

i would put benzema in the cavani/higuain bracket.

Last edited:

Alik

suarez is in contention for best striker of his generation. it's between him, aguero or lewandowski. benzema is below that trio.

Don't forget Zlatan. And a level below, Falcao.

serghei

Suarez is above Benzema because of his incredible peak level. But Aguero over Benzema? No way. Lewandowski not over him as well, more about equal.

Suarez
Benzema=Lewandowski
Aguero.

Not much difference between the first 3, with Aguero behind all because of his rather anonymous showings in CL.

Last edited:

Mitchell1978

I consider Lewandowski to be the best pure 9 of his generation, slightly better then Suarez.

Off course if you include Zlatan, i have him higher then both even.

serghei

I find Zlatan heavily overrated myself. Impresses by scoring absolute golazos vs minnows, but when the going gets tough he goes missing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans